Earning a Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) is a great way to become a strong business leader. At Grand Canyon University, the DBA program is offered with three different emphases. This allows doctoral candidates to study a specific area that they feel passionate about, which then enables them to advance their career with focus on their area of expertise.
The Doctor of Business Administration at GCU is offered with three different emphases based on your desired area of focus. These emphases are marketing, management and data analytics, which are each designed to encourage and challenge learners in ways that will benefit them in the future.
- Marketing: Apply data-driven marketing management strategies to achieve a competitive advantage. Areas of focus include influence of digital technologies on consumer behaviors and marketing theories, consumer marketing segments vs. mass marketing, global strategies, cost and culture.
- Management: Adapt theoretical management theories to address complex interconnected issues to achieve optimal organizational performance. Areas of focus include financial management, planning, marketing, research and business decision-making in response to competitive needs in a dynamic, global marketplace.
- Data Analytics: Lead development of cost-effective strategies to conceptualize and apply analytic techniques to support data-driven business decision-making. Areas of focus include big data, business intelligence, research design, data warehousing and mining.
The Program at GCU
Each of the emphases in the Doctor of Business Administration provide doctoral candidates the opportunity to grow and succeed in their chosen area. Topics of general study include:
- Research design and data modeling methods
- Application of innovative management theories
- Business intelligence
- Designing and structuring an organization for growth
- Branding and communication
- Market investments
- Financial management and decision-making
In addition to these competencies, the DBA program has a lot to offer learners in terms of tools, resources and mentors. In any doctoral program, it is a great benefit to find a mentor to help guide you through your program, while also encouraging and motivating you to succeed. In addition, this program is offered both online and in evening cohorts, allowing you to conveniently earn your degree in the way that works best for you.
Grand Canyon University gives doctoral learners the flexibility and resources to achieve their goals. To learn more about GCU’s doctoral programs, visit our website or contact us using the green Request More Information button at the top of the page.
Written by Jessalyn Johnson, a junior majoring in English literature at GCU.
The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author’s and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Grand Canyon University.