What Is a Master’s in Software Engineering Bridge Pathway?
Take the first step toward a career in software engineering. Grand Canyon University’s bridge pathway to the Master of Science in Software Engineering provides those with a bachelor’s degree in an unrelated field the opportunity to build a strong foundation for a rewarding career as a software engineer.
What You Will Learn?
The importance of technology is only continuing to grow in our modern world. Since technology is so necessary in today’s society, software engineers can look forward to promising, lucrative positions in a variety of settings. Software engineers can work in application development to game development. Software engineers may also be able to find jobs in insurance, technology, educational and financial institutions.
Over the pathway’s five fundamental courses, students gain a wide breadth of knowledge and gain hands-on skills. Courses dive deep into these topics:
- Calculus and analytic geometry: Students engage in a robust exploration of calculus and its application in real-world contexts, including how it is used by software engineers. These high-level advanced math concepts are taught in context, preparing learners to directly apply the concepts in their career.
- Computer programming: Explore fundamental concepts of programming languages, focusing on object-oriented programming techniques as well as troubleshooting, problem-solving and basic algorithm knowledge.
- Java: Explore the Java programming language in further depth, gaining knowledge and skills in topics including file I/O, generics, collections, multi-threading, networking and unit testing.
- Algorithms and data structures: By focusing on their application, learners will understand how to use algorithms in the software engineering process. Discover basic strategies for employing algorithms to solve real-world computational problems.
Careers With a Master’s in Software Engineering
GCU’s online software engineering bridge pathway was designed for students with limited to no experience in software engineering. Those looking to make a career change can benefit from the bridge pathway’s coverage of fundamental skills necessary to tackle advanced concepts in the full software engineering master’s program.
Through earning a degree in software engineering, you may be qualified for positions such as:
- Computer network architect
- Database administrator
- Embedded software engineer
- Information systems manager
- Lead software engineer
- Project manager
- Systems architect
Why Choose GCU for Your Online Courses
Completing your master’s in software engineering bridge pathway online offers flexibility without sacrificing academic rigor. GCU’s online learning management system provides our learners with next-generation education without taking away from an already busy schedule.
Enrolling in GCU’s online software engineering bridge pathway can be your first step toward transforming your career into one you find rewarding. To learn more about the pathway, contact an admissions counselor or apply to GCU today!
* Please note that this list may contain programs and courses not presently offered, as availability may vary depending on class size, enrollment and other contributing factors. If you are interested in a program or course listed herein please first contact your University Counselor for the most current information regarding availability.
* Please refer to the Academic Catalog for more information. Programs or courses subject to change.