Earn your Applied Marketing and Advertising Bachelor’s Degree at GCU
Prepare to make data-driven marketing decisions and develop creative advertising strategies with a Bachelor of Science in Applied Marketing and Advertising degree from Grand Canyon University. In this program, offered by the Colangelo College of Business, you’ll learn valuable marketing and advertising tactics and gain an integrated marketing communications perspective while preparing for a variety of roles in our global business environment.
Applied Marketing and Advertising vs Marketing and Advertising Degree
This applied marketing and advertising program is a transfer-friendly version of our BS in Marketing and Advertising degree. It is not accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) because it does not include all of the business core classes, such as Business Statistics and Fundamentals of Business Finance and is designed with non-traditional students in mind. Instead of asking you to repeat similar introductory courses, we want to help you complete your business degree in less time, with less debt. This degree program is ideal if you have existing credits that you want to transfer over to finish your degree and advance your marketing and advertising career.
As a Bachelor of Science in Applied Marketing and Advertising student at GCU, you’ll build on your business knowledge to refine your critical analysis and problem-solving skills, as well as learn to apply a values-based Christian worldview. You’ll have the chance to examine all aspects of traditional and digital marketing, including: audience segmentation, design, pricing, promotion, distribution, strategy timelines, customer relationship management and more.
Learn Tactics to Reach Consumers and Promote Your Brand
Throughout the Bachelor of Science in Applied Marketing and Advertising program, you’ll learn how to:
- Develop, implement and assess marketing strategies
- Evaluate consumer behavior and analyze marketing data
- Examine management processes for effective organizations
- Identify business opportunities and solve real-world business problems
- Design integrated marketing communications plans
- Make informed decisions based on historical, current and reliable information
- Determine marketing strategies to drive sales and maximize profitability
What can you do with a BS in Applied Marketing & Advertising Degree?
With a BS in Applied Marketing and Advertising from GCU, you’ll be prepared to take on a range of roles across the fast-paced field of business. From public relations to sales to market research, there are many opportunities available for marketing and advertising graduates.
These positions include:
- Marketing managers
- Sales managers
- Market research analysts
- Digital marketing specialists
- Public relations professionals
- Marketing communications specialists
- Media planners and more
General Education Requirements
General Education coursework prepares Grand Canyon University graduates to think critically, communicate clearly, live responsibly in a diverse world, and thoughtfully integrate their faith and ethical convictions into all dimensions of life. These competencies, essential to an effective and satisfying life, are outlined in the General Education Learner Outcomes. General Education courses embody the breadth of human understanding and creativity contained in the liberal arts and sciences tradition. Students take an array of foundational knowledge courses that promote expanded knowledge, insight, and the outcomes identified in the University's General Education Competencies. The knowledge and skills students acquire through these courses serve as a foundation for successful careers and lifelong journeys of growing understanding and wisdom.
* Please note that this list may contain programs and courses not presently offered, as availability may vary depending on class size, enrollment and other contributing factors. If you are interested in a program or course listed herein please first contact your University Counselor for the most current information regarding availability.
* Please refer to the Academic Catalog for more information. Programs or courses subject to change.