What is a Bachelor’s of Advertising and Marketing?
A Bachelor’s of Advertising and Marketing is a higher education degree that focuses on marketing strategy, research and customer relationships. This degree prepares students for roles such as marketing managers, sales managers, market research analysts and more.
A Bachelor of Science (BS) in Marketing and Advertising from Grand Canyon University prepares graduates to find work using their creativity and businesses skills. This online and campus bachelor’s degree ensures that graduates can compete for entry-level marketing and advertising positions in many different environments.
At GCU, degrees earned through the Colangelo College of Business are focused on core domains that provide students with knowledge of general businesses practices as well as skills specific to their field of study. Students earning a BS in marketing and advertising will also study:
- Business communication strategies
- Information literacy and data analysis
- Business operations
- Legal, ethical and values-drive business practices
Benefits of a BS in Advertising and Marketing Degree
Students enrolled in the Bachelor of Science in Marketing and Advertising at GCU will become knowledgeable about all areas of business. Within their major, students will receive hands-on, practical training that readies them for careers in marketing and advertising.
The core classes in the bachelor’s of marketing and advertising include topics such as:
- Formulating objectives for marketing strategies
- Managing marketing decisions for product and services markets
- Evaluating customer buying behavior to inform strategies
- Determining strategies to drive sales and profitability
- Creating marketing plans
- Developing customer relationships to ensure loyalty to products and services
- Building digital marketing strategies
- Advertising using current technologies, including social media marketing
People today are intricately connected with their digital devices. The use of these devices has changed the marketing and advertising landscape and it continues to grow as technology develops. Students earning their advertising and marketing bachelor’s degrees will learn about advertising campaigns done on the internet through ads, websites and email. Earning an advertising and marketing bachelor’s degree now means you can get into the industry while it is growing rapidly.
Careers With a Marketing and Advertising Degree
A BS in marketing and advertising is an investment in long-term goals. The digital marketing space is a strong growth industry. Manager positions in advertising, promotions and marketing are projected to grow around 8% between 2018 and 2028, according to the BLS.
Graduates work in many diverse environments from small businesses to huge corporations and everything in between.
The careers students can pursue with a Bachelor of Science in Marketing and Advertising include:
- Public relations managers
- Advertising and promotions managers
- Marketing managers
- Content marketers
- Fundraising managers
- Sales managers
- Market research analysts
- Marketing specialists
- Product management
If you are hoping to find a way to use your communication and creativity skills in business, look no further. Learn more about the Bachelor of Science in Marketing and Advertising degree at GCU today.
General Education Requirements
General Education coursework prepares Grand Canyon University graduates to think critically, communicate clearly, live responsibly in a diverse world, and thoughtfully integrate their faith and ethical convictions into all dimensions of life. These competencies, essential to an effective and satisfying life, are outlined in the General Education Learner Outcomes. General Education courses embody the breadth of human understanding and creativity contained in the liberal arts and sciences tradition. Students take an array of foundational knowledge courses that promote expanded knowledge, insight, and the outcomes identified in the University's General Education Competencies. The knowledge and skills students acquire through these courses serve as a foundation for successful careers and lifelong journeys of growing understanding and wisdom.
* Please note that this list may contain programs and courses not presently offered, as availability may vary depending on class size, enrollment and other contributing factors. If you are interested in a program or course listed herein please first contact your University Counselor for the most current information regarding availability.
* Please refer to the Academic Catalog for more information. Programs or courses subject to change.