Prepare to Lead the Next Generation in Health Care
Prepare for a future in health care administration with Grand Canyon University’s Doctor of Education (EdD) in Organizational Leadership with an Emphasis in Health Care Administration. Offered online and in evening cohorts by the College of Doctoral Studies, this EdD in health care administration program is designed to increase your awareness of the multi-faceted nature of the health care field.
Develop a framework for effective management and organizational leadership using evidence- based research and strategies to cultivate a positive, productive culture. Discover the benefits of shared values and tactics that promote organizational excellence. Combining GCU’s rigorous curriculum with reflective practice, you can increase your aptitude for scholarly research while exploring methods of design, analysis and dissemination. This online EdD program includes a formative dissertation process, which begins in your first course.
What Is a Qualitative EdD in Health Care Administration?
This qualitative EdD program focuses on examining events to better understand an observed phenomenon, whereas the quantitative EdD program focuses on examining and analyzing events by interpreting numeric data. Students enrolled in this qualitative program will create a sampling plan, design and field test research tools, collect data and conduct a deep and careful analysis of the data using a systematic approach.
What You’ll Learn
This doctor of health administration online covers modern topics and issues facing the health care industry including the various governance structures and their connections to leadership. Develop an increased understanding of public, private, nonprofit and for-profit governance structures. In addition, review the many levels of regulations health care administrators must address. Discuss the effects of mandatory and voluntary measures, from state, medical and professional boards to the federal government.
Throughout this the online EdD of Healthcare Administration program, students cover the following competencies:
- Ethical practices in research, leadership and decision making in behavioral health settings with incorporation of social responsibility and stewardship
- Methods of research design and analysis to aid with strategic planning and development of best practices
Careers With an EdD of Healthcare Administration
This EdD program is for those looking to advance their leadership skills in health care administration. Graduates may have opportunities to pursue careers in:
- Managed care organizations
- Public health agencies
* Please note that this list may contain programs and courses not presently offered, as availability may vary depending on class size, enrollment and other contributing factors. If you are interested in a program or course listed herein please first contact your University Counselor for the most current information regarding availability.
* Please refer to the Academic Catalog for more information. Programs or courses subject to change.