Grand Canyon University’s Graduate Certificate of Completion in Distance Learning can equip you with the knowledge and skills necessary for facilitating impactful remote education.
GCU’s graduate-level certificate programs are shorter than standard graduate degrees, allowing for a highly focused approach to advanced education. This distance learning certificate program can qualify to provide your students with effective remote education.
Learn How to Effectively Teach Remotely With a Distance Learning Certificate
Remote education will surely be a long-lasting trend, but that does not mean it is a perfect replacement for in-person instruction. Distance learning provides its own unique set of advantages and opportunities for both instructor and learner. However, fully benefiting from those advantages require specific skills, interventions and solutions.
Throughout GCU’s graduate-level distance learning certificate program, you will develop foundational knowledge and skills which can be applied specifically to remote and distance learning contexts. Course topics will include:
- Organization and integration of multimedia tools and resources in school curricula
- Instructional purposes and roles of technology and media in learning and teaching
- Processes for selecting and implementing meaningful technologies, virtual tools and other electronic resources
- Development of digital literacies in teaching and learning
- Instructional theories and models in technology education, assessment and instructional technology
- Multimedia instructional strategies and methods for engaging remote learning
- Selection and evaluation of appropriate multimedia resources
- Creation and management of distance learning software and tools for a variety of platforms
- Technology standards for students and teachers
What Is Distance Learning?
Distancing learning is any type of instruction which is performed outside of the traditional faceto- face classroom environment. Distance learning can refer to the remote parts of blended instruction as well as courses which are facilitated entirely online.
This form of instruction is also referred to as online school, remote learning or correspondence school. Remote education options exist at all levels of education from Pre-K to PhD. As the capabilities of educational technology expand and increase, distance learning will become increasingly dynamic and effectual.
Why Choose GCU for Your Distance Learning Graduate Certificate
Grand Canyon University’s graduate certificate in distance learning is distinct from other certificate programs, as it offers the same advanced level of academic rigor as standard graduate degree programs. Courses are taught by the same faculty members who facilitate GCU’s graduate programs in education.
This distance learning certificate program also equips graduates with a unique Christian perspective as it relates to distance learning, examine the application of a biblical worldview within the context of the education discipline. Equip yourself to impact your students. Earn your University’s Graduate Certificate of Completion in Distance Learning from GCU.
* Please note that this list may contain programs and courses not presently offered, as availability may vary depending on class size, enrollment and other contributing factors. If you are interested in a program or course listed herein please first contact your University Counselor for the most current information regarding availability.
* Please refer to the Academic Catalog for more information. Programs or courses subject to change.