Designed for health care professionals who wish to advance their expertise, this online graduate certificate program is 32 weeks long and comprised of four in-depth courses. It’s recommended for anyone in health care management, administration, public health, nursing and more. Students will focus on one course at a time and cover specific skills and topics in health care quality and patient safety. Whether you are a nurse or a health care administrator, this Graduate Certification of Completion in Health Care Quality and Patient Safety can add great value to your career by demonstrating your commitment to quality and safety.
By completing your graduate certificate online, you have the flexibility and convenience to study at any time, from anywhere. This program was created with working professionals in mind, and we strive to support your success. Our expert faculty and engaging community will be with you every step of the way.
Study Standards of Quality and Safety in Healthcare
During this certification program, you will:
- Examine nationally recognized expectations and metrics for quality
- Study different approaches to support quality improvement measures
- Evaluate methods to track, assess, analyze and review patient safety data
- Discuss project management models and approaches in health care
- Gain skills to set expectations and identify ways to mitigate obstacles in health care project management and quality improvement
- Learn about technologies that support clinical decision-making for patient safety
What Can You Do With a Graduate Certificate Emphasis in Health Care Quality & Patient Safety?
This graduate certificate will provide you with a specialized skillset in health care quality and patient safety. It will enhance your knowledge and hone your skills so that you can make a positive impact when it comes to quality and patient safety in health care. It is valuable for a range of professionals, including those who aspire to be in roles such as quality and patient safety coordinators, directors of risk and quality, patient safety officers, RN quality and accreditation coordinators and many others.
* Please refer to the Academic Catalog for more information. Program subject to change.