Study Modern Business Theories in Entrepreneurship and Innovation
The graduate certificate in entrepreneurship and innovation at Grand Canyon University (GCU) provides instruction that focuses on creating innovation, optimizing organizational structures, and prototyping an innovation, product or process.
Designed for the business professional, you will be taught new ways of thinking to help you address business challenges with a fresh, innovative approach. Graduates of this innovation certificate program who want to further explore complex theories of business and innovation can transfer the credits directly into GCU's Doctor of Business Administration: Innovation and Corporate Entrepreneurship program.
Course Topics in Entrepreneurship and Innovation
This graduate-level certificate program requires four courses that will teach you the following key entrepreneurial competencies:
- The influence of organizational structure and culture on corporate entrepreneurial innovation.
- How to use established organizational structures to enable the process of identifying and rapidly prototyping disruptive innovations for the purpose of securing initial commitment.
- The process and structure for garnering committed support from internal and external stakeholders. Consideration is given to enacting due diligence and a deliberate communication plan.
- How to apply the complex corporate entrepreneurial skill set to recommend how to structure, prototype, communicate, advocate and execute disruptive innovation. Special attention is given to the execution phase, including timing, structure development and communication strategy.
Career Opportunities for Innovators and Entrepreneurs
Learning is a lifelong pursuit and earning an advanced graduate innovation certificate from an accredited university can provide the opportunity you need to enhance your skills and to position yourself for possible career advancement.
Leadership and entrepreneurial positions associated with this certificate program include:
- Chief executive officer
- Business consultant
- Business analyst
- Director of strategy
- Director of corporate innovation
- Training and development manager
Graduate Innovation and Entrepreneurship Certificate Program FAQs
If you are interested in learning more about this advanced graduate program, read our answers to the following common questions.
Get started on your advanced graduate certificate today. Complete the form on this page to speak with a university counselor who will help answer your questions.
1 Indeed Editorial Team. (2023, February 16). Q&A: Are Graduate Certificates Worth It? Indeed. Retrieved on June 5, 2023.
* Please note that this list may contain programs and courses not presently offered, as availability may vary depending on class size, enrollment and other contributing factors. If you are interested in a program or course listed herein please first contact your University Counselor for the most current information regarding availability.
* Please refer to the Academic Catalog for more information. Programs or courses subject to change.