What Is Ministry Education?
Has God called upon you to serve in a church or ministerial context? Prepare to pursue your mission in life with the Graduate Certificate of Completion in Ministry Education at Grand Canyon University. This certificate program surveys the foundational knowledge and skills required for ministerial service, biblical interpretation and theological reasoning. Examine the principles of ethical conduct within the ministry while cultivating your own personal love of Christ.
Offered by the College of Theology, this Certificate in Ministry Education empowers graduates to facilitate meaningful discussions of biblical principles, the works of Christ, the person of Christ and the nature of humanity and sin. Through an in-depth study of the Old Testament and New Testament, students examine the theological patterns, themes and beliefs that guide systematic theology. The historical context of doctrines and beliefs are surveyed. Students acquire a framework for ministering cross-culturally with wisdom and sensitivity guided by a keen awareness of the faithful contextualization of the gospel.
Earn Your Graduate Certificate in Ministry Education Online
Grand Canyon University is a modern college that brings the benefits of virtual technologies to our students. With our flexible online learning path, you can complete your graduate certificate from anywhere in the world. Continue to meet your professional responsibilities and balance family time with studying. GCU’s online platform enables you to engage in lively discussions with fellow students and highly qualified instructors. This program of study requires 18 credits for completion. Most online ministry certificate classes are eight weeks in length.
GCU seeks to graduate ministerial students who are sharp analytical thinkers, active listeners and effective speakers. Use your in-depth knowledge of biblical hermeneutics in various ministerial contexts, including preaching, teaching, interpersonal communication and small group discussions. Learn to implement the practical procedures for the exegesis of Scripture. Understand the biblical foundations of Christian ethics, self-care, morality and character formation. Other core competencies for this online ministry certificate of study include:
- The biblical and theological foundations of Christian ethics, and the analysis of the roles and responsibilities of gospel ministry
- The principles of evangelical biblical interpretation, exegesis and application within the context of the ministry
- The use of biblical language tools
- Biblical truths, virtues and habits that contribute to the process of discipleship
- The historical development and theological formulation of the Christian doctrines of revelation, God, creation, humanity and sin
In the course Christian Character Formation, students are required to complete 45 hours of supervised ministry work.
What Can You Do With a Graduate Certificate in Ministry Education?
Obtaining a Graduate Certificate of Completion in Ministry Education is a way to nurture your own personal devotion to God. It can also provide the foundation to pursue a career helping others seek guidance and wisdom from the word of God. Some of the ministerial roles you might pursue may include the following:
- Pastor or associate pastor
- Administrative pastor
- Youth outreach specialist
- Foreign or domestic missionary
* Please note that this list may contain programs and courses not presently offered, as availability may vary depending on class size, enrollment and other contributing factors. If you are interested in a program or course listed herein please first contact your University Counselor for the most current information regarding availability.
* Please refer to the Academic Catalog for more information. Programs or courses subject to change.