Further Your Calling With a Ministry Education Certificate
Has God called upon you to serve in a church or ministerial context? Prepare to pursue your mission in life with the Graduate Certificate in Ministry Education at Grand Canyon University (GCU). Offered by the College of Theology, this Certificate in Ministry Education has the ability to empower you to guide meaningful discussions of biblical principles, biblical interpretation, Christian character and ethics and fundamental doctrines of the faith.
This certificate program surveys the foundational knowledge and skills required for faithful ministry, sound hermeneutics and theological reflection. Examine the principles of ethical conduct within the ministry while cultivating your own personal love of Christ.
Through an in-depth study of interpretive principles for rightly handling the Old and New Testaments, you will examine theological truths, moral and spiritual formation and the wise application of doctrine and ethics within the context of ministry. The development formulation historical context of core doctrines and beliefs are examined along with the application of theological principles. In addition to biblical and theological foundations, you will be taught to move from Christian values to practiced virtues that are vital to the discipleship process.
Ministry Education Course Topics
GCU seeks to graduate ministerial students who are sharp analytical thinkers, active listeners and effective speakers. Use your in-depth knowledge of biblical hermeneutics in various ministerial contexts, including preaching, teaching, interpersonal communication and small group discussions.
You will be taught to implement the practical procedures for the exegesis of Scripture and work to understand the biblical foundations of Christian ethics, self-care, morality and character formation. Other core competencies for this ministry certificate of study include:
- The biblical and theological foundations of Christian ethics and the analysis of the roles and responsibilities of gospel ministry
- The principles of evangelical biblical interpretation, exegesis and application within the context of the ministry
- The use of biblical language tools
- Biblical truths, virtues and habits that contribute to the process of discipleship
- The historical development and theological formulation of the Christian doctrines of revelation, God, creation, humanity and sin
Ministry Education Career Possibilities
Obtaining a graduate ministry education certificate is a way to nurture your own personal devotion to God. It can also provide the foundation to pursue a career helping others seek guidance and wisdom from the word of God. Some of the roles you might pursue may include the following:
- Religious activities and education director
- Postsecondary philosophy and religion teacher
Graduate Certificate in Ministry Education FAQs
If earning your certificate in ministry education sounds like the next best step for you, read through some frequently asked questions below to learn more about the process.
Learn more about earning your ministry education certificate and get in touch with a university counselor by filling out the form on this page.
* Please note that this list may contain programs and courses not presently offered, as availability may vary depending on class size, enrollment and other contributing factors. If you are interested in a program or course listed herein please first contact your University Counselor for the most current information regarding availability.
* Please refer to the Academic Catalog for more information. Programs or courses subject to change.