If you are looking to step into or advance in your technology career, GCU’s online Undergraduate Certificate of Completion in Java Programming may be right for you. This accelerated and intensive online Java certificate program is available to students with or without a degree.
It is important to note that while this is not a certification program, students will earn a certificate that proves they have the requisite knowledge to break into Java programming and have the framework understanding to prepare them for an industry certification.
The Benefits of Earning Your Java Programming Certificate
Java is an in-demand programming language that powers applications and the web. It runs on billions of devices and platforms. Java programming is a backbone of Android applications.
Grand Canyon University students who complete the Java certificate are prepared for careers related to computer and app programming. They have the skills to write, revise and update website applications and coding algorithms. During their time in GCU's online Java certificate program, students also learn to analyze and validate data.
Students will be able to build applications and develop an acquaintance with:
- Scripting languages
- Build tools
- Version control software
- Licensing constraints
In addition to this well-rounded technical skill set, GCU students also obtain skills in professional communications. They learn how to conduct themselves in their future technology career.
Earn Your Online Java Programming Certificate From GCU
This fast-paced Java certificate program online includes studying and direct application of:
- Java object-oriented programming techniques
- Java-driven database (SQL) software development
- Full-stack application development using software engineering methods
- Project-based development methodologies including Agile and team coding tools
Learn Advanced Java Programming Skills in GCU's Java Certificate Program
An undergraduate online Java programming certificate, like the one offered by the GCU College of Science, Engineering and Technology, is highly technical. Students are immediately exposed to coding and programming challenges. Though the timeframe of an online Java certificate program is quick, the learning is in-depth and practical.
Students in this online Java programming certificate will learn:
- Fundamental Java concepts, algorithms and syntax
- Problem solving techniques in the programming language
- Software development skills
- Machine architecture and data organization
- Interfaces, event and exception handling
- Java I/O and collection framework
- Concepts, tools and frameworks of open source software development
Career Opportunities With a Java Programming Certificate
Software development is a growing field. U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics Occupational Outlook Handbook estimates job growth for software developers, quality assurance analysts and testers to increase by about 22% from 2020 to 2030.1 This means earning an online Java programming certificate is an investment in a long, successful career.
Graduates of the online Java certificate of completion program from GCU may seek career opportunities such as:
- Computer programmer
- Computer network support specialist
- Software developer
- Software quality assurance analyst and tester
- Web developer
- Web and digital interface designer
Online Java Programming Certificate FAQs
1 COVID-19 has adversely affected the global economy and data from 2020 may be atypical compared to prior years. The pandemic may impact the predicted future workforce outcomes indicated by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics as well. Accordingly, data shown is based on September 2021, which can be found here: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Occupational Outlook Handbook, Software Developers, Quality Analysts, and Testers.
* Please note that this list may contain programs and courses not presently offered, as availability may vary depending on class size, enrollment and other contributing factors. If you are interested in a program or course listed herein please first contact your University Counselor for the most current information regarding availability.
* Please refer to the Academic Catalog for more information. Programs or courses subject to change.