Pursue a Master’s in Christian Leadership
Prepare to inspire congregations and communities as an ethical and godly leader. Join the Grand Canyon Theological Seminary and earn your Master of Arts in Christian Leadership degree. With a Master’s in Christian Leadership, you will nurture your personal, spiritual and professional growth, and expand your career opportunities as you pursue your life’s work in God’s name. This program of study is ideal for those who would like to step into leadership positions in the church, the para-church, ministry or similar settings.
Acquire a solid framework of biblical principles and theological knowledge as you explore best practices in leadership and management. This thoughtful blend of theological studies and administrative skill development positions future Christian leaders to positively transform their church and local communities. Graduates are well-equipped to pursue their life’s mission of furthering God’s kingdom and sharing the love of Christ with those they lead. This Christian leadership degree includes ministry field experiences to reinforce concepts and theories in real-world contexts.
Topics Covered in a Christian Leadership MA Degree
Grand Canyon University’s Christian Leadership Master of Arts degree guides students in exploring management philosophies and biblical hermeneutics. Gain an in-depth understanding of the various styles of leadership, and learn how to further the objectives of churches, nonprofit organizations, businesses and communities. Learn to guide others in their own explorations of hermeneutical studies, and inspire them to achieve their spiritual goals. Some of the core courses for this program of study include the following:
- Ministerial Ethics
- Practical Theology
- Biblical Foundations of Christian Leadership
- Best Practices in Christian Leadership
- Leading Through Crisis, Conflict and Change
Students work through a robust curriculum of Christian doctrine, systematic theology and organizational leadership. Analyze the meaning of key themes such as redemption and study how redemption is presented in the Pentateuch and other Old Testament texts. Explore the concept of the Kingdom of God through Old and New Testament writings. Reflect upon Jesus’ leadership style, and consider how its principles can be applied within the modern world. Other core competencies include the following:
- Christian self-care, personal morality, character formation and ethical concerns of ministers as they shepherd God’s people
- Theological and historical development of cardinal doctrines of the Christian faith
- Christian leadership through the dynamics of crisis, conflict and change
What Can You Do with a Master of Arts in Christian Leadership?
Graduates of the Grand Canyon Theological Seminary are prepared for a lifetime of serving Christ through faithful ministry. Become a Christian leader by pursuing a ministerial position, or serve as an administrator, executive, manager or program director in a faith-based organization. As a Christian leader, you can position yourself to make a positive, impactful difference in the lives of others and in the community as a whole. You may pursue leadership positions in youth groups or corporate teams, or you may seek to join the staff of a church or para-church. Other careers that may be related to this degree include the following:
- Christian school principal
- Director of humanitarian emergency relief
- Camp director of outdoor ministries
- Missions director
- Christian counselor
Some career paths may require additional credentials, training or academic qualifications.
* Please note that this list may contain programs and courses not presently offered, as availability may vary depending on class size, enrollment and other contributing factors. If you are interested in a program or course listed herein please first contact your University Counselor for the most current information regarding availability.
* Please refer to the Academic Catalog for more information. Programs or courses subject to change.