Earn Your Online Master’s in Curriculum and Instruction at GCU
The online Master of Arts in Curriculum and Instruction non-licensure degree program from Grand Canyon University (GCU) helps education professionals take their careers to the next level. Through the degree coursework, research and field experience, graduates of the Master of Arts in Curriculum and Instruction program can become instructional leaders at the school, district and state levels. The practical approach to curriculum development, teaching and assessment ensures that online master’s in curriculum and instruction degree graduates learn the most contemporary and effective practices for the classroom.
There are many facets to curriculum development that are focused on in the online master’s in curriculum and instruction program at GCU. Graduates get experience with research-based differentiation strategies. They also learn the most up-to-date assessment and content-area practices. The coursework in GCU’s master’s degree in curriculum and instruction prepares you for curriculum-related leadership positions in just about any educational environment.
What You Will Learn In the Master’s in Curriculum and Instruction Program at GCU
Students enrolled in GCU’s master’s in curriculum and instruction online and evening degree program learn to plan, write and deliver instruction that is developmentally appropriate, engaging and culturally responsive. Graduates also evaluate the efficacy of instructional strategies using data and student achievement information.
Graduates of the on-campus and online master’s in curriculum and instruction program complete coursework on a variety of important subject areas, including:
• Curriculum planning
• Assessment development
• Engagement strategies for diverse learners
• Culturally responsive pedagogy
• Using assessment data to inform instruction
• Delivering effective instruction, including the use and development of specialized materials
• Coaching other teachers and community members
• Professional development presentation strategies
Career Opportunities for Master’s in Curriculum and Instruction Online and In-Person Graduates
The work done by Master of Arts in Curriculum and Instruction graduates may take place in public or private elementary, middle or high schools. Other potential workplaces include:
• Colleges and universities
• Education welfare organizations
• Curriculum development businesses
• Education/Edtech publishers
Teachers looking to advance their skills and learn more about the foundations of what they teach will benefit from this master’s in curriculum and instruction online and in-person degree.
Master's in Curriculum and Instruction FAQs
If you find yourself drawn to inspiring others through a career in curriculum instruction, we have compiled a few frequently asked questions to help you pursue a challenging yet rewarding career in the education field.
* Please note that this list may contain programs and courses not presently offered, as availability may vary depending on class size, enrollment and other contributing factors. If you are interested in a program or course listed herein please first contact your University Counselor for the most current information regarding availability.
* Please refer to the Academic Catalog for more information. Programs or courses subject to change.