What Can You Do with a Master's in Elementary Education?
A Master of Education (MEd) in Elementary Education degree from Grand Canyon University prepares you to work as an elementary or middle school teacher. Courses within this program focus on all aspects of elementary education from teaching strategies and assessment methods to working with diverse learners.
Graduates of this master’s in elementary education degree are capable of creating engaging classroom environments that support elementary and middle grade students and are able to analyze and solve current problems through research and practice. For those who do not desire to obtain a teacher license, visit our Master of Education in Elementary Education (Does Not Lead to Initial Teacher Licensure) program.
The Benefits of a Master’s Degree in Elementary Education
Students earning a master’s degree in elementary education from Grand Canyon University are making an investment in their future. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, elementary and middle school jobs are growing at a rate of seven to eight percent each year. This MEd in Elementary Education program helps working professionals make a career change into a field with big opportunities.
In addition, teachers with master's degrees find many benefits to having an advanced degree. These include:
- Receiving higher rates of pay than teachers with bachelor's degrees
- Being up-to-date on research and classroom practices
- Having access to university networks of educators
- Building an enhanced set of skills through professional development work
- Finding more opportunities for job growth
Earn Your Online Master's in Elementary Education Online at GCU
Both working and non-working students can earn this degree online. The online masters in elementary education degree program at GCU ensures that anyone with a passion for education can take the steps to becoming an elementary or middle school teacher. With our MEd in elementary education degree, students with jobs, families or care-taking responsibilities can find balance between work, life and school.
The online master’s degree in elementary education at GCU allows students to:
- Continue working
- Take classes when it's convenient
- Learn from expert faculty with years of experience
- Participate in class activities from home
- Use technology that supports teacher growth
This online master’s in elementary education can lead to initial teacher licensure. In order to earn a teaching certificate, GCU students will need to complete practical field experience, as well as student-teaching work in person.
Advance Your Elementary Education Career
GCU's Masters of Education in Elementary Education graduates participate in advanced coursework. The topics covered throughout the degree program prepare students for working with learners from intellectually and culturally diverse backgrounds. Some of the coursework from the online master’s degree in elementary education includes:
- Child and adolescent development and psychology
- Special education
- Classroom management and engagement
- Instructional planning
- Supporting English language learners
- Math, science, social studies and the arts
This coursework within the online master’s in elementary education program prepares GCU graduates to seek rewarding work in elementary and middle school environments. Graduates with this degree might become:
- Curriculum specialists
- Department or grade-level chairs
GCU helps develop dedicated, quality teachers. If making a career change to education is something you have been considering for a while, now is the time. Join us for the MEd in Elementary Education Degree at GCU today.
*Retrieved from Intelligent.com
* Please note that this list may contain programs and courses not presently offered, as availability may vary depending on class size, enrollment and other contributing factors. If you are interested in a program or course listed herein please first contact your University Counselor for the most current information regarding availability.
* Please refer to the Academic Catalog for more information. Programs or courses subject to change.