Earn a Master of Science in Leadership
The Master of Science in Leadership, offered by the Colangelo College of Business, provides an in-depth study of senior-level business skills combined with the ethical principles of servant leadership. This master’s degree in leadership empowers candidates to gain self-confidence in their leadership styles. It examines the core principles of communication, team-leading and ethical practices in business.
Explore the fundamentals of how to inspire and lead others through established, modern theories and research. You’ll benefit from the input of the diverse viewpoints of your professional peers, under the skillful guidance of instructors who are experts in their fields.
What Are the Benefits of a Master’s Degree in Leadership?
Leadership is at the heart of every organization’s success. It’s the fundamental driving force that shapes the vision of the company and motivates team members. Effective leaders understand how to provide direction and when to step back and let other team members take charge.
The Master of Science in Leadership at GCU cultivates candidates’ leadership styles. It also introduces advanced business leadership models and analytically examines management approaches. You will develop your ability to communicate the organization’s mission and vision to diverse audiences and key stakeholders. There is an emphasis on the value of servant leadership. As a Christian learning community, GCU is invested in contributing to the greater social good by empowering future business leaders to become effective servant leaders.
Here is a look at some of the core domains and competencies integrated into the Master of Science in Leadership online program.
- Self-leadership: Practice self-reflection and self-awareness skills
- Leading others: Positively influence others and work toward shared objectives
- Leading an organization: Formulate a strong vision and support innovative change toward improved outcomes
- Christian leadership: Embrace a dedication to improving one’s self, people and communities
Earn Your Master of Science in Leadership Online
Grand Canyon University offers a vibrant and diverse online learning community for master’s degree students. Earn your MS in Leadership degree with a flexible schedule of online courses taught by full-time faculty members and fully trained adjunct instructors. GCU’s online learning platform is engineered to support connectivity and student engagement. The online master’s degree in leadership program requires a total of 38 credits. Most classes are eight weeks long.
Some of the learning objectives of the leadership MS degree include:
- The strategic management of human capital through best practices in talent management, workforce diversity and employee development
- Effective leadership across major organizational functions, including marketing, finance, information systems and operations management
- Models of ethical problem-solving and their application
- Business leadership models and theories as seen through diverse viewpoints
Careers for Leaders
The Master of Science in Leadership degree prepares graduates to pursue a wide range of senior-level positions within private companies, non-profit organizations, and government agencies. The skills and foundational knowledge you will acquire are readily transferrable to a broad spectrum of career fields. Some examples of careers that may be related to this master’s degree in leadership include the following:
- Corporate trainer
- Chief executive officer
- General or regional manager
- Human resources manager
An MS in Leadership degree can open doors in domestic and international corporations. Graduates may pursue careers in management consulting, training and development, or they may decide to become entrepreneurs.
* Please refer to the Academic Catalog for more information. Program subject to change.