Pursue High-Level Careers by Earning Your Master’s Degree in Leadership
The Master of Science in Leadership, offered by the Colangelo College of Business, provides an in-depth study of senior-level business skills combined with the ethical principles of servant leadership. This master’s in leadership degree program empowers you to gain self-confidence in your leadership style. It examines the core principles of communication, team-leading and ethical practices in business.
Explore the fundamentals of how to inspire and lead others through established, modern theories and research. You’ll benefit from the input of the diverse viewpoints of your professional peers, under the skillful guidance of instructors who are experts in their fields.
Develop Your Leadership Style and Management Skills With an MS in Leadership Degree
Leadership is at the heart of every organization’s success. It’s the fundamental driving force that shapes the vision of the company and motivates team members. Effective leaders understand how to provide direction and when to step back and let other team members take charge.
The on-campus and online Master of Science in Leadership at GCU cultivates your leadership style. You will develop your ability to communicate the organization’s mission and vision to diverse audiences and key stakeholders. This MS leadership program also introduces advanced business leadership models and analytically examines management approaches. Educators at GCU place a strong emphasis on the value of servant leadership in this master’s degree in leadership. As a Christian learning community, GCU is invested in contributing to the greater social good by empowering future business leaders to become effective servant leaders.
Some of the learning objectives of the master’s in leadership degree include:
- The strategic management of human capital through best practices in talent management, workforce diversity and employee development
- Effective leadership across major organizational functions, including marketing, finance, information systems and operations management
- Models of ethical problem-solving and their application
- Business leadership models and theories as seen through diverse viewpoints
Careers for Master’s in Leadership Degree Graduates
The Master of Science in Leadership degree prepares you to pursue a wide range of senior-level positions within private companies, nonprofit organizations and government agencies. The skills and foundational knowledge you will acquire are readily transferable to a broad spectrum of career fields. Careers that may be related to this online Master of Science in Leadership degree include the following:
- Chief executive
- General or operations manager
- Human resources manager or specialist
- Sales manager
- Industrial production manager
- Facilities manager
- Administrative services manager
- Compensation and benefits manager
- Training and development manager
- Training and development manager
- Project management specialist
- Social and community service manager
- Cost estimator
- Entertainment and recreation manager
- Construction manager
- Compensation, benefits and job analysis specialist
- Postsecondary business teacher
An MS in Leadership degree can open doors in domestic and international corporations. You may pursue careers in management consulting, training and development, or you may decide to become an entrepreneur.
Master of Science (MS) in Leadership Degree Program FAQs
* Please note that this list may contain programs and courses not presently offered, as availability may vary depending on class size, enrollment and other contributing factors. If you are interested in a program or course listed herein please first contact your University Counselor for the most current information regarding availability.
* Please refer to the Academic Catalog for more information. Programs or courses subject to change.