An MBA/MS Dual Degree Program Can Accelerate Your Academic and Career Goals
The Master of Business Administration (MBA) and Master of Science in Leadership (MSL) are degrees that naturally complement each other. The Colangelo College of Business (CCOB) at Grand Canyon University (GCU) has blended them into a dual master’s degree program online that allows students to accelerate their learning. Prepare to pursue a position in business leadership and shape the future of business management.
The MS/MBA dual degree in leadership program is a rigorous course of study. It examines core principles in finance, economics and marketing. GCU’s Christian community emphasizes the values of servant leadership and ethical decision-making within business contexts.
The Benefits of a Leadership Dual Master’s Degree Program
The MS MBA dual degree at GCU begins with fundamental coursework to build a strong academic framework. You will take courses such as:
- Introduction to Graduate Studies in the College of Business
- Leadership and Organizations
- Accounting Practices
- Finance Principles
As you progress through your MS and MBA dual degree studies, you will do an in-depth examination of advanced principles of leadership and business management. Economics, marketing management, managerial finance and operations management are all core subject areas you will explore. Other key concepts you will study include:
- Models of leadership styles
- Quantitative tools and techniques
- Science of organizational behavior
- Coaching, mentoring techniques, leadership development and succession planning
- Interdependency in organizations
Qualify for High-Level Roles as a Graduate of the MS/MBA Dual Degree Program in Leadership
By itself, the MBA degree is a widely respected credential, and it gives job applicants a competitive edge in a demanding and diverse workforce. Earning a dual degree will further set you apart from other candidates. By achieving a MS and MBA dual degree program, you will demonstrate your commitment toward exceptional management, efficient operations and ethical decision-making. Take your career to a higher level with a dual degree in leadership. Some of the career paths that may be related to this program can include the following:
- Administrative services manager
- General and operations manager
- Human resources manager
- Management analyst
- Chief executive
- Sales manager
- Training and development manager
- Personal service manager
- Project management specialist
- Compensation, benefits and job analysis specialist
GCU has been accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) since 1968. Some of the core programs in CCOB have achieved additional accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
MS/MBA Dual Degree Program FAQs
* Please note that this list may contain programs and courses not presently offered, as availability may vary depending on class size, enrollment and other contributing factors. If you are interested in a program or course listed herein please first contact your University Counselor for the most current information regarding availability.
* Please refer to the Academic Catalog for more information. Programs or courses subject to change.