What Is an MBA/MS Dual Master’s Degree Program?
The Master of Business Administration (MBA) and master of Science in Leadership (MSL) are degrees that naturally complement each other. GCU’s Colangelo College of Business has blended them into a dual master’s degree program that allows students to accelerate their learning. Prepare to pursue a position in business leadership and shape the future of business management.
The MBA and MS dual Leadership degree is a rigorous course of study. It examines core principles in finance, economics and marketing. GCU’s Christian community emphasizes the values of servant leadership and ethical decision-making within business contexts.
Earn Your MBA and a Master’s of Science in Leadership Online
Graduate students choose the MBA programs at GCU in part because of the convenience and flexibility of the online learning environment. During your coursework for this MS MBA dual degree, you will examine different leadership styles and gain confidence in your own leadership skills. The ethical and practical leadership skills you will acquire are immediately applicable to your current career. Some of the skills you will develop include:
- Critical thinking and analysis.
- Data interpretation.
- Ethical problem-solving.
The program emphasizes communication strategies for connecting with audiences and important stakeholders. Servant leadership is another major focus of the MBA/MS in Leadership dual degree. GCU students examine servant leadership in the context of its biblical basis. Candidates will consider how best to embody the principles of servant leadership in a way that empowers people and communities.
The Benefits of a Dual Leadership Master’s Program
The Master of Business Administration and Master of Science in Leadership dual degree begins with fundamental coursework to build a strong academic framework. You will take courses such as:
- Introduction to Graduate Studies in the College of Business.
- Leadership and Organizations.
- Accounting Practices.
- Finance Principles.
As you progress through your studies, you will do an in-depth examination of advanced principles of leadership and business management. Economics, marketing management, managerial finance and operations management are all core subject areas you will explore. Other key concepts you will study include:
- Models of leadership styles.
- Quantitative tools and techniques.
- Science of organizational behavior.
- Coaching, mentoring techniques, leadership development and succession planning.
- Interdependency in organizations.
Advance Your Career with an MS and MBA Dual Degree in Leadership
By itself, the MBA degree is a widely respected credential, and it gives job applicants a competitive edge in a demanding and diverse workforce. Earning a dual degree will further set you apart from other candidates. By achieving a MS and MBA dual degree, you will demonstrate your commitment toward exceptional management, efficient operations and ethical decision-making.
Take your career to a higher level with a dual degree in leadership. Some of the career paths that may be related to this program can include the following:
- Administrative services manager.
- Business operations manager.
- Human resources manager.
- Management consultant.
Grand Canyon University is a regionally accredited school. The core programs in the Colangelo College of Business have achieved additional accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
* Please note that this list may contain programs and courses not presently offered, as availability may vary depending on class size, enrollment and other contributing factors. If you are interested in a program or course listed herein please first contact your University Counselor for the most current information regarding availability.
* Please refer to the Academic Catalog for more information. Programs or courses subject to change.