Take the Next Step with an MBA in Project Management
Working professionals can prepare for future leadership positions in the area of project management with GCU’s Master of Business Administration with an Emphasis in Project Management. Our modern MBA in Project Management curriculum explores technical, human and conceptual skills across the functional areas of business. It integrates the principles of efficient business practices with traditional and agile project management skills.
The Master’s in Project Management degree is offered by the Colangelo College of Business. MBA candidates will learn the core competencies necessary to become effective and ethical project managers. There is an emphasis on the role of innovation and interpersonal skills in maximizing productivity and business processes. The MBA in Project Management is an intense academic experience that helps candidates prepare for certification by the Project Management Institute (PMI)®.
Earn Your Project Management MBA and Prepare for Your PMI Certification
MBA candidates acquire the foundational knowledge and skills necessary to serve as effective project managers. The coursework aligns with the standards of PMI’s A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide). This affordable degree may prepare candidates for these PMI certifications:
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®
- Project Management Professional (PMP)®
- Agile Certified Practitioner (ACP)®
PMI certification, along with an MBA in Project Management, has long been considered the gold standard in credentialing for project analysts and managers.
Achieve an MBA in Project Management Online
GCU recognizes the needs of modern graduate students for degree programs that are flexible and convenient. You can earn your MBA in Project Management online with our robust digital platform. Connect with your professional peers and benefit from engaging discussions on the coursework and projects. Learn from anywhere, at a time that is convenient for you.
This MBA program requires a total of 54 credits for graduation. Most of the online classes are eight weeks in length. MBA courses are also offered on campus, including evening schedules.
Study a 21st century curriculum with courses such as:
- Strategic Management
- Applied Business Probability and Statistics
- Leadership and Organizations
- Marketing Management
- Managerial Finance
You will also complete an advanced course in Agile Project Management. This course is designed to prepare you for the PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (ACP) exam. Examine agile principles, best practices, tools and techniques of agile methodologies. Other learning objectives of the MBA in Project Management include the following:
- Core concepts in traditional project management as endorsed by the PMBOK® Guide
- Logistics of taking the CAPM and PMP certification exams
- The role of innovation and leadership in strategic management
- Microeconomics and macroeconomics, and the application of economic data in responsible decision-making
Project Management Careers
Graduates with an MBA in Project Management degree have demonstrated that they have the drive and dedication necessary to succeed in a senior-level position. A Master’s in Project Management can prepare future business leaders to pursue opportunities in private companies, non-profit organizations or government agencies. Some examples of careers that may be related to this degree include:
- Project analyst or manager
- Director of operations
- General manager
- Executive officer
GCU is a regionally accredited university. The core programs within the Colangelo College of Business have achieved additional approval from the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
*Retrieved from Intelligent.com
* Please note that this list may contain programs and courses not presently offered, as availability may vary depending on class size, enrollment and other contributing factors. If you are interested in a program or course listed herein please first contact your University Counselor for the most current information regarding availability.
* Please refer to the Academic Catalog for more information. Programs or courses subject to change.