Benefits of Choosing to Study Family Dynamics
Grand Canyon University's graduate certificate in mental health, family dynamics emphasis is designed for professionals interested in working with families in various community settings to promote mental health and wellness.
You will explore areas of family development, parenting and social motivations. You will be introduced to research and taught best practices for integrating mental health and wellness principles within family systems. While this certificate does not lead to counseling certification or licensure, it offers you an opportunity to advance your education and specialty in family mental health and wellness.
Benefits of Earning Your Online Graduate Certificate in Mental Health and Wellness: Family Dynamics Emphasis From GCU
The graduate certificate in mental health and wellness with a focus on family interactions is offered fully online so you can build upon your skills and earn credits on your own schedule. Take family dynamics classes through our digital learning platform and interact with knowledgeable faculty throughout the program.
Course Topics in Family Mental Health and Wellness
This certificate program offers family dynamics classes that teach you competencies in the following areas:
- The influence of relationships, interactions and communication among family members, and how problems are created, continued and resolved within family units.
- Family development and the transitions between family lifecycle stages.
- Research and evidence-based parenting practices with regard to character development and the promotion of positive behaviors.
- The role of societal influences and cultural norms in family systems and how families interact with other community systems.
In this program, you will also examine key principles of family dynamics within the mental health and wellness fields, including:
- Analyzation of the forms and functions of families at different developmental stages
- Evaluation and exploration of various parenting strategies
- Analyzation of the relationship between the family unit and other societal institutions
- Analyzation of how interpersonal relationships are formed and maintained within families
GCU’s Master of Science in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Family Dynamics is designed to deepen knowledge and skills through continued coursework and practical examination of the field.
Career Opportunities After Studying Family Dynamics
By completing this online graduate certificate in mental health and wellness with a focus on family structures, you may have the opportunity to use your skills in social service fields. Settings that may provide comprehensive children and family services include:
- Community-based organizations
Complete Your Graduate Certificate in Mental Health and Wellness From an Accredited University
GCU is proud to be institutionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC), providing quality in education since 1968. Our university meets the HLC’s high standards in areas such as integrity, governance, learning effectiveness, admissions, student services, stewardship and academic achievement.
Certificate in Mental Health and Wellness: Family Dynamics Emphasis FAQs
To learn more about the graduate certificate program and the importance of studying family structures and interactions, read through our answers to these commonly asked questions.
Take the next step in advancing your knowledge through family dynamics classes. To inquire about this online certificate program at GCU, complete the form on this page to connect with a university counselor.
* Please note that this list may contain programs and courses not presently offered, as availability may vary depending on class size, enrollment and other contributing factors. If you are interested in a program or course listed herein please first contact your University Counselor for the most current information regarding availability.
* Please refer to the Academic Catalog for more information. Programs or courses subject to change.