Advance Your Counseling Skills With a PhD in Counselor Education and Supervision Bridge Online Program
The bridge to the Doctor of Philosophy in Counselor Education and Supervision program at Grand Canyon University (GCU) provides an abridgment of the professional counseling program to ensure that master’s-level professionals meet the qualifications of the PhD in Counselor Education and Supervision program.
This online PhD in Counselor Education and Supervision qualitative bridge program is for master’s or entry-level mental health professionals who want to advance their counseling skills, teach or supervise counselors in training and become leaders and/or researchers in the behavioral health field.
Course Topics in the Qualitative Doctor of Philosophy in Counselor Education and Supervision Bridge
The PhD in Counselor Education and Supervision online bridge program connects curriculum from GCU’s MS in Clinical Mental Health Counseling to the Doctor of Philosophy in Counselor Education and Supervision. You will have the opportunity to gain an in-depth understanding of individuals at different developmental levels, while addressing assessment methods and statistical concepts. In this bridge program, you will be taught the following topics:
- Qualitative research methods
- Various counseling methods and techniques for individuals and groups
- Counseling and cultural diversity
- Ethics and legal standards in counseling
To assist applicants with meeting the professional practice standards, the online PhD in Counselor Education and Supervision bridge program offers a supervised counseling practicum, which aids in obtaining direct client experience.
Career Opportunities With a Qualitative PhD in Counselor Education and Supervision Bridge
Upon completion of the bridge program, you will have satisfied the requirements to enter the PhD program where you can become a scholar-practitioner and apply your skills in a clinical or scholarly environment.
Graduates of the Doctor of Philosophy in Counselor Education and Supervision degree program, who possess the necessary licensures and certifications, may pursue roles as a:
- Counseling faculty member
- Advanced clinician
- Mental health counselor
- Family counselor
- School counselor
- Correctional counselor
- Director of school guidance
- Director of a counseling agency
PhD in Counselor Education and Supervision Online Bridge FAQs
If you would like to earn an online PhD in Counselor Education and Supervision degree, get started by acquiring foundational skills in counseling through this PhD bridge program. Read through the below frequently asked questions to learn more.
If seeking licensure or certification, applicants to the program are responsible for contacting their state department of education for licensure requirements and program approval. In addition, fingerprint and background clearance is required.
* Please note that this list may contain programs and courses not presently offered, as availability may vary depending on class size, enrollment and other contributing factors. If you are interested in a program or course listed herein please first contact your University Counselor for the most current information regarding availability.
* Please refer to the Academic Catalog for more information. Programs or courses subject to change.