Refine Your Counseling Skills With a Doctor of Philosophy in Counselor Education and Supervision Bridge – Quantitative
The online PhD in Counselor Education and Supervision bridge program at Grand Canyon University (GCU) offers an abridgment of the professional counseling program so master’s-level professionals can meet the admission standards for the Doctor of Philosophy in Counselor Education and Supervision quantitative program.
This PhD in Counselor Education and Supervision online program is designed for master’s or entry-level mental health professionals who want to advance their counseling skills, teach or supervise counselors in training and become leaders and/or researchers in the behavioral health field.
Course Topics in the PhD in Counselor Education and Supervision Online Bridge Program – Quantitative
GCU’s online PhD in Counselor Education and Supervision bridge program links curriculum from the MS in Clinical Mental Health Counseling to the Doctor of Philosophy in Counselor Education and Supervision. During this program, you will have the opportunity to gain in-depth knowledge in the following topics:
- Individual and family development
- Assessments and statistical concepts
- Quantitative research methods
- Various counseling methods and techniques for individuals and groups
- Counseling and cultural diversity
- Ethics and legal standards in counseling
The Doctor of Philosophy in Counselor Education and Supervision bridge program assists applicants with meeting the professional practice standards by offering a supervised counseling practicum which aids in obtaining direct client experience.
Career Opportunities for Graduates With a PhD in Counselor Education and Supervision Bridge – Quantitative
At the completion of the online PhD in Counselor Education and Supervision bridge program, you will have satisfied the requirements to enter the PhD program where you can become a scholar-practitioner and apply your skills in clinical or scholarly environments.
Careers you may pursue as a graduate with a PhD degree in counselor education and supervision include:
- Counseling faculty member
- Advanced clinician
- Mental health counselor
- Family counselor
- School counselor
- Correctional counselor
Online PhD in Counselor Education and Supervision Bridge – Quantitative FAQs
Advance your counseling career by acquiring strong foundational skills through this PhD in Counselor Education and Supervision online bridge program. Review the below frequently asked questions to learn more.
If seeking licensure or certification, applicants to the program are responsible for contacting their state department of education for licensure requirements and program approval. In addition, fingerprint and background clearance is required.
* Please note that this list may contain programs and courses not presently offered, as availability may vary depending on class size, enrollment and other contributing factors. If you are interested in a program or course listed herein please first contact your University Counselor for the most current information regarding availability.
* Please refer to the Academic Catalog for more information. Programs or courses subject to change.