Military Tuition Assistance (TA)
As a military university, Grand Canyon University (GCU) follows military policies and processes for the military Tuition Assistance (TA) program for eligible members of the Army, Army Reserves, Army National Guard, Navy, Marines, Air Force Air Force Reserves and Coast Guard. We are also pleased to offer a special military rate per credit hour to military members and their spouses. We have specialized military university counselors who can help you determine how to utilize your benefits to take advantage of this special military tuition rate.
For veterans and their spouses, and employees of the DOD, PHS and NOAA, GCU is pleased to offer special scholarships. Work with your military university counselor to learn more about these opportunities.
GCU is a proud participant in the Yellow Ribbon Program.
Steps to Using Your TA Military Benefits
Not sure how to utilize your military tuition assistance (TA) benefits at GCU? Your military university counselor is your best resource; he or she is there to help provide you with information about degree programs, the admissions process, applying to GCU and more.
For a general overview of what steps you will need to take, we have created the guide below:
Step 1: Choose Your Degree Program
Step 2: Determine Your Benefits
- Work with your military university counselor to determine your benefits, gather transcripts and apply for admission to GCU.
- Ensure that you are eligible to use TA benefits at GCU.
- Have the receipt of TA approval turned in to GCU.
Step 3: Enroll and Start Classes
- Complete the enrollment process with your military university counselor and determine if any of your military experience or credits will transfer to GCU.
- A few weeks before classes start, submit your TA through your branch of the military.
- Start classes. Utilize all of the services available to you at GCU, including free tutoring, library and librarians, the Veterans Center, Career Services and more.
Step 4: Earn Your Degree
- Start the path to earning your degree by passing your classes.
- Graduate from GCU, ready to take the next step in your career.