GCU is on the rise, adding academic programs in emerging fields to already robust curricula representing some of the fastest-growing career paths in the country. We emphasize individual attention and offer a dynamic learning environment for both traditional undergraduate students and working professionals.
In the fall of 2014, we launched the Bachelor of Science in Computer Science and the Bachelor of Science in Information Technology. Each of these new programs feature emphases to help students find their purpose and gain the education they need to succeed in their chosen path.
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
This program prepares students to design, install, maintain and operate computer systems as well as perform programming and systems analysis.
- Big Data and Analytics - Students explore some of the major problems and trends associated with the storage of huge volumes of data.
- Game and Simulation Development - Students apply theoretical concepts of computing and simulation in order to create applications for entertainment, education or scientific visualization.
- Business Entrepreneurship - Students learn how to effectively build and leverage networks in order to identify and grow business opportunities and sustain long-term relationships.
Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
This program provides students with the knowledge and practical, hands-on expertise needed to care for both an organization’s information technology infrastructure and the people who use it.
- Information Technology - Students will learn the value of information technology and how this specialization can improve the performance, increase efficiency and lower the cost of enterprise systems.
- Cybersecurity - Students will focus on core competencies about IT-driven businesses, software technology and tools, enterprise information systems and cybersecurity.
Grand Canyon University’s College of Science, Engineering and Technology offers a premier educational experience with curriculum designed to prepare you for a career in a STEM field. To learn more about the degree programs available at GCU, visit our website or use the request more information button at the top of the page.
The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author’s and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Grand Canyon University.