Grand Canyon University helps students find their purpose through opportunities that meet the individual needs, interests and talents of all students – even high school students!
GCU’s dual enrollment options provide high school students with the opportunity to affordably and efficiently gain a head start on earning their degree. If you are a high school student, you can embark on an accelerated academic path. This path can lead you to a transition into college at an advanced level with the possibility to graduate early and enter your career sooner.
4-Credit Course Options
- At Your High School: Study at the college level while staying on your high school campus. Under the instruction of qualified high school teachers, you will study content integrated with GCU curriculum, which means you will earn high school and college credit at the same time. (Only available in Arizona)
- Online: Choose from more than 25 online courses available to high school students. Each class is seven weeks long with start dates year-round, offering convenience and flexibility to earn college credits without attending campus.
- Summer: Experience GCU’s Lope Life early by taking courses on campus during the summer. As part of the summer session program, you will learn at the college level and get acquainted with GCU’s college experience before starting in the fall.
Why Dual Enrollment?
- Early Acceptance to GCU: As a dual enrollment student at GCU, you are accelerating your college career, starting with early acceptance. You are also eligible for generous scholarship opportunities.
- Campus Accessibility: You receive access to a wide array of academic resources, including the library and GCU Lounge for tutoring services. You also receive open invitations to exciting sports and campus events.
- Savings: Since you may be on track to graduate early, you can save in college tuition, books and fees by completing the program in less than four years. This also means you can gain professional experience sooner with your first job.
How Much Does It Cost?
At the time of publishing, each 4-credit dual enrollment course costs $210 ($52.50 per credit). Online students must pay an eBook fee of $85 plus tax per course. Additional textbook fees may also apply to online students only. You may take up to 32 credits (eight courses) at a reduced tuition rate. GCU accepts these dual enrollment credits just as we accept transfer credits. These credits easily transfer into your degree program of choice.
How Do I Qualify?
- High School Juniors or Seniors: Unweighted GPA of 3.0 or above
- High School Sophomores: Unweighted GPA of 3.25 or above
(All students taking English or math courses are required to take an online placement test.)
Jump ahead on your college academics in the way that best fits your needs! For more information about dual enrollment opportunities, visit our dual enrollment page or contact us today!
Learn the best tips to enhance your student experience and get answers to relevant questions. Come back for weekly updates on how to master living life on campus, change your major, or how to brew coffee for those early morning classes. Through our articles, we hope you can partake in a successful and enjoyable college experience. Lopes up!