Are you looking to take your career in a new direction? Careers in software development are promising and rewarding options for those who are interested in technology and would like to have a direct hand in creating the software our society uses every single day.
Grand Canyon University’s Bridge to a Master of Science in Software Development is directly designed for candidates with a bachelor’s degree in an unrelated field, allowing them to build the skills necessary for success in the software development master’s program.
Take the First Step to Designing & Developing Software
Even for those with limited to no experience in software development, this bridge pathway offers learners the opportunity to gain the necessary background for success in the full software development master’s program.
Throughout four courses, students gain a wide breadth of knowledge and gain hands-on skills. Courses dive deep into these topics:
- Computer programming: Learn fundamental concepts of the programming languages, focusing on object-oriented techniques as well as troubleshooting, problem-solving and basic algorithm knowledge.
- Java: Explore the Java programming language in-depth, focusing on advanced techniques. Course allows students to gain knowledge in topics including file I/O, generics, collections, multi-threading, networking, and unit testing.
- Database design and development: Equip yourself with the basic technical skills to implement database solutions. Coursework covers relational and non-relational databases, data definition language, data manipulation language, SQL server management and more topics necessary for creating and interacting with databases.
- Cybersecurity: Prepare to secure data and maintain the privacy of digital information. The coursework explores white-hat hacking techniques, the use of preventative tools and how to identify potential breaches.
Join the Quickly Growing Software Development Industry
Technology is immensely important in our 21st century society, and its importance is only continuing to grow. The generation of usable software is necessary in every field, industry and organization. As this necessity increases, so will the job opportunities for high skilled software development professionals.
Online Bridge Class Options Available
GCU’s Bridge to the Master of Science in Software Development pathway is designed with working professionals in mind. Flexible online options allow for candidates to complete their degree while maintaining their already busy schedules.
Online courses require the same rigorous coursework as in-person courses, meaning you will experience the same level of advanced education in both the remote and traditional settings. Laboratory requirements allow students to gain hands-on experience in important field content, providing a workable foundation made up of both theoretical knowledge and handson skills.
Enrolling in GCU’s software development bridge pathway can be your first step toward transforming your career into one you are passionate about. Contact an admissions counselor or apply today for more information.
* Please note that this list may contain programs and courses not presently offered, as availability may vary depending on class size, enrollment and other contributing factors. If you are interested in a program or course listed herein please first contact your University Counselor for the most current information regarding availability.
* Please refer to the Academic Catalog for more information. Programs or courses subject to change.