Earn Your Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) With an Emphasis in Data Analytics from GCU
Grand Canyon University’s online DBA with an Emphasis in Data Analytics program prepares graduates to create and manage the deployment of data analytics in a variety of industries with the intent to secure competitive advantages. In this program, students will conceptualize enterprise data analytics, apply analytic techniques and software to interpret data, evaluate methods of data and analytic modeling and apply analytics to support data-driven business decision making. By the end of this program students will be able to employ qualitative methodology to design, collect and analyze information in alignment with conducting a scholarly dissertation.
Skills You Develop With a DBA With an Emphasis in Data Analytics
Students enrolled in GCU’s qualitative DBA with an Emphasis in Data Analytics spend their time examining events to better understand an observed phenomenon, whereas students enrolled in GCU’s quantitative DBA spend their time interpreting numeric data through the use of statistical tools. Both of these programs require students to explain their findings in a written dissertation
In GCU’s online DBA with an Emphasis in Data Analytics, students will research the emerging use of business analytics in organizations, explore the alignment of sampling, data collection and data analysis methods to research topics, questions and designs, differentiate the epistemological foundations and analyze the data trustworthiness, research ethics and potential for bias in descriptive case studies and phenomenology research designs, interact with a multi-year integrated business case to experience the complex interactions associated with exploiting enterprise data for competitive advantages and more.
- Analytics foundations of business leaders
- Economics for business decisions
- Emerging issues in financial management
- Enterprise data complexity
- Qualitative data collection and management
- The literature landscape: business
- Using business analytics for competitive advantage
In addition to passing these courses, students must participate in two or three five-day residencies on GCU’s campus. These residencies are conducted to provide students with networking and mentorship opportunities.
Job Outlook for DBA With an Emphasis in Data Analytics
Earning your online DBA with an Emphasis in Data Analytics helps you set yourself apart from the competition and prepares you for a leadership role in your field. Graduates with a DBA with an Emphasis in Data Analytics go on to work in a variety of industries and fill positions including:
- Business intelligence director
- Business intelligence solutions architect
- Chief data officer
- Chief executive officer
- Data engineer
- Data scientist
- Strategic innovation manager
* Please note that this list may contain programs and courses not presently offered, as availability may vary depending on class size, enrollment and other contributing factors. If you are interested in a program or course listed herein please first contact your University Counselor for the most current information regarding availability.
* Please refer to the Academic Catalog for more information. Programs or courses subject to change.