Earn Your EdD in Organizational Leadership
The Doctor of Education in Organizational Leadership with an Emphasis in Organizational Development degree from GCU helps graduates lead and transform organizations. Those seeking a doctorate in organizational leadership learn how to help organizations achieve success through growth. This EdD in organizational leadership is ideal for leaders and rising executives looking to advance their professional skills through academic learning.
Graduates can complete the doctorate of organizational leadership online or in evening courses with a small cohort. Future organizational leaders work with faculty and business professionals to learn about the science of leadership and determine how to inspire change and growth.
Six domains have been highlighted in the EdD program offered by the College of Doctoral Studies:
- Learn about leadership in theory and practice
- Study and develop strategic approaches to organizational change
- Assess and create dynamic organizational cultures
- Scholarship and Research
- Analyze, design and conduct future-focused research
- Globalization and World View
- Develop a leadership style and communications strategies to work with a diverse population
- Organizational Development Emphasis
- Evaluate organizational structures to determine a path to success
Learners in the doctorate of organizational leadership degree program work in Doctoral Residencies and dissertation milestones. They apply the work they do in the program to research and practice. To complete the program, you must write and defend a dissertation.
Increase Your Knowledge of Effective Leadership
Graduates of the Doctor of Education in organizational leadership program study both for-profit and nonprofit organizational structures. They explore how culture, change, communications, diversity and strategy impact the success of organizations.
Corporate social responsibility, ethical decision-making, and the evolution of leadership theories are at the core of this organizational leadership doctorate program. Graduates learn to apply what they have studied and practiced to traditional structures to determine how to sustain and grow the best aspects of an organization.
The doctorate in organizational development program covers many topics relevant to top-notch leadership including:
- Individual differences versus organizational outcomes
- Ethical dilemmas
- Corporate social responsibility
- Opportunities and challenges faced by leaders
- Leading global and diverse workforces
- Leadership behaviors
- Strategy execution within an organization
Doctor of Education in Organizational Leadership Careers
Spearheading change is the goal of the Doctor of Education in organizational leadership program. Graduates act as agents of change across many types of organizations. They may pursue advanced positions or find work where they lead operations in a meaningful way.
GCU EdD organizational development graduates may find work as:
- Education administrators in preschool and childcare centers
- Education administrators in elementary and secondary schools
- Education administrators in postsecondary environments
- Distance learning coordinators
- Fitness and wellness coordinators
- Operational leaders at the district level
Helping organization analyze and assess their current practices is the job of a real leader. Take charge with the Doctor of Education in Organizational Leadership with an Emphasis in Organizational Development degree program at GCU.