What Is an EdD in Educational Leadership?
Offered by Grand Canyon University’s College of Doctoral Studies, the Doctor of Education (EdD) in Organizational Leadership with an Emphasis in K-12 Leadership program builds knowledge in ethics, research and theory with a focus on educational policy development, staffing, organizational leadership and instructional supervision. The accelerated coursework guides learners in acquiring core competencies that are immediately applicable in the field. Using an analysis-driven approach, learners examine best practices in leadership that support teaming at all levels and the maintenance of a diverse learning infrastructure.
What Is a Qualitative K-12 Leadership Degree?
GCU’s qualitative EdD in Organizational Leadership with an Emphasis in K-12 Leadership program teaches students how to personally examine events to better understand an observed phenomenon, while GCU’s quantitative program teaches students how to examine and analyze events through numeric data. In GCU’s qualitative EdD in educational leadership program, students will build expertise through the development of a research study and gain insight into how and why people think, believe and behave a certain way.
Earn Your Educational Leadership Online EdD Degree at GCU
Graduates will emerge fully prepared to address the challenges of the modern school with a strong foundation of educational policy development, ethical decision-making and servant leadership. The coursework guides learners in developing a firm grasp on organizational leadership, staffing and supervision at the building and district levels. GCU strives to graduate learners who are confident communicators and are able to convey complex information to a variety of stakeholders. GCU is a Christian school with an emphasis on professional ethics and the Christian worldview.
Earn your qualitative EdD in educational leadership online at GCU with accelerated coursework. The majority of this degree can be completed online via our intuitive learning platform, enabling learners to connect with their instructors and benefit from diverse views of their peers. A minimum of 60 credits are required for completion.
Study Curriculum Aligned With K-12 Leadership
Aspiring education leaders explore key concepts in leadership thought, ethical stewardship and K-12 community building. In courses such as leading across cultures, strategic planning in K-12 education and trends and issues in K-12 education, learners will study the following topic areas:
- Current and emerging leadership strategies and classroom practices in K-12 education
- The establishment of a shared mission, vision and goals among both internal and external stakeholders as the foundation for long-range strategic planning in K-12 education
- Professional and facilities development in the context of K-12 education master planning
- Opportunities and challenges facing leaders in the global environment
- Aspects of leading global and diverse workforces, as well as theories of leadership and leadership development in diverse and global cultures
Work in K-12 Education
Teachers with an EdD in Organizational Leadership with an Emphasis in K-12 Leadership degree are prepared to lead and inspire others within the educational community thoughtfully. This qualitative degree program empowers educators to become more effective K-12 instructors for the betterment of their students. Some graduates may wish to pursue opportunities in school administration or consulting. Curriculum director, school counselor and educational agency administrator or consultant are some other potential career options that may be related to this degree.
* Please note that this list may contain programs and courses not presently offered, as availability may vary depending on class size, enrollment and other contributing factors. If you are interested in a program or course listed herein please first contact your University Counselor for the most current information regarding availability.
* Please refer to the Academic Catalog for more information. Programs or courses subject to change.