Specialize in K-12 Special Education
Grand Canyon University's Doctor of Education in Organizational Leadership with an Emphasis in Special Education provides training and research to help you become a leader in special education and ensure that all students receive a fair and appropriate education. Evening and online courses afford professionals the opportunity to accelerate their learning while performing in their career.
With an in-depth research-based approach, this doctorate in special education prepares you with the leadership skills needed for the role of an education strategic professional. Examine the history and theories of special education and methods of intervention in all environmental types. From the very first course, you are introduced to our dissertation process by exploring doctoral dispositions.
With subsequent Doctoral Residencies and milestones, you progressively build your confidence in understanding research, writing and dissertation publication.
Develop Your Skills in Special Education
In our special education doctoral program, you review current topics in education such as ethical dilemmas and stewardship, corporate social responsibility and the evolution of leadership theories. Analyze student assessment and data to improve fiscal management and ethical decision-making. Study the current and emerging trends in special education, with a focus on law and legal compliance.
What You Will Learn
Provide an Education for All Students
Throughout this online doctorate in special education program, you review the following topics:
- Global history and politics of education, with an examination of the political landscape and ethics surrounding education and governmental interventions
- Analysis and application of governance structures in special education
- Human development, educational standards and instructional tools
- Special education stakeholders, including students, parents, faculty, staff and community
- Leadership practices necessary to guide the construction of appropriate internal and external frameworks for educators and students
Explore Career Options in Special Education Leadership
This doctorate degree in special education provides educators and consultants with advanced study in educational leadership. Common careers include school administrator, lead special education teacher, special education consultant, curriculum developer, policymaker and learning advocate. Potential workplaces include schools and districts, social service agencies, government agencies and behavioral health organizations.