Pre-Apprenticeship for Electricians from Grand Canyon University
When determination meets opportunity, the possibilities are limitless. At Grand Canyon University, you will receive top-notch electrician pre-apprenticeship training while enjoying the benefits that a traditional college campus experience provides. After just one semester (16 credits and four courses) you will complete the Pre-Apprenticeship for Electricians.1 These courses prepare you to move into an electrician apprenticeship and begin a professional career in a growing field.
Pre-Apprenticeship for Electricians Experience
The exciting and always-evolving hi-tech construction industry is a great career option for those who like working outdoors, enjoy a good challenge and want to make money immediately. If you like to build and create, begin your career by enrolling in GCU’s Pre-Apprenticeship for Electricians.
- One semester (16 credits)
- Complete four college-level courses (transferrable) within a 15-week period (four credits each)
- Orientation and Success
- Math Applications
- Electrical Foundations
- Hands-on, real-world applications within the courses on GCU’s campus in Phoenix, Arizona
- Afternoon and evening classes that fit your schedule
- Fully funded tuition for Arizona residents/U.S. citizens (for Fall 2022 and Spring 2023)
- Qualified students must possess a driver’s license and be authorized to work in the U.S.2
The job growth for electricians is projected to grow by an estimated 9% from 2020 to 2030, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.3 By taking the pre-apprenticeship courses, students will be more prepared for real-world electrician apprenticeship and well-prepared to meet the increasing demands for a career as an electrician. This pre-apprenticeship teaches students how to be supervised, builds character, a strong work ethic and so much more! Here are just a few benefits you can look forward to as a participant in the Pre-Apprenticeship for Electricians:
- The GCU Pre-Apprenticeship courses are designed to provide access to an Employer Apprenticeship Program in the State of Arizona. Those who are accepted into and complete an Employer Apprenticeship program and become electricians may earn $56,900 annually (national median rate according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, as of May 2020). Salaries will vary based on the individual and the hiring company.4
- Eligibility to work during the pre-apprenticeship
- Begin securing your financial future in a career building complex, hi-tech construction projects
- Access to GCU’s main campus and all of the benefits that a traditional campus atmosphere provides
Ready to launch your professional career?
1 This pre-apprenticeship does not lead to licensure.
2 A completed background check and fingerprint clearance are dependent on contract.
3 COVID-19 has adversely affected the global economy and data from 2020 may be atypical compared to prior years. The pandemic may impact the predicted future workforce outcomes indicated by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics as well. Accordingly, data shown is based on September 2021, which can be found here: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, electricians, retrieved on 04/13/2022.
4 The earnings referenced were reported by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (“BLS”), electricians as of May 2020. The salary implies a student completed the pre-apprenticeship with Grand Canyon University, an apprenticeship in the state of Arizona, and secures employment in the field. Grand Canyon University is not preparing students during the apprenticeship and cannot ensure employment. Students must meet all those requirements individually.