Advance Your Career in Psychology
The Graduate Certificate of Completion in Industrial and Organizational Psychology is a program designed for students who seek career advancement or higher academic exposure in the field of psychology. This industrial organizational psychology certificate is designed to deepen your understanding of psychology in the workplace, including the psychology behind employee behavior and how organizations function. You will gain effective consulting and management strategies to help achieve goals within an organization.
You will explore the following five core competencies:
- Foundational Principles of Psychology: Ability to demonstrate an understanding of the theoretical perspectives and themes in psychology, as well as develop working knowledge of psychology's content domains. You will also understand numerous applications of psychology in various settings.
- Social Relationships and Multicultural Perspectives Across the Lifespan: Ability to demonstrate an understanding of sociocultural factors and integrate and apply these factors to personal, professional and social contexts. You will also analyze and apply these concepts at national and global levels.
- Research Methods: Ability to evaluate and select appropriate research methods, designs and statistics by analyzing the theoretical, ethical and methodological components used in conducting research.
- Professional Skills/Development: Ability to demonstrate the capacity to thrive in various psychological professions. You will examine leadership proficiencies, including written and verbal communication, presentation ability and team building. You will also construct a roadmap for a future career in psychology.
- Industrial Organizational Psychology: Techniques for increasing motivation and improving workplace performance, including human behaviors, conflict management strategies and factors contributing to the advancement of an organization’s performance.
Take the Next Step in Your Career
The core competencies developed for this industrial organizational psychology certificate reflect the goals of the American Psychology Association. You will cultivate a knowledge base in psychology, scientific inquiry and critical thinking, ethical and social responsibility in a diverse world, communication, and professional development. Meeting these professional standards will help you excel in the next step of your career.
What You Will Learn
Make an Impact in Workplace Psychology
You still study the principles of psychology in order to gain an understanding of what drives the behavior and actions of people in the workplace. As a result, you will learn how to better predict employee behavior. A strong focus is placed on producing usable data on workplace performance that can help management provide a more effective and efficient working environment.
Course topics include:
- Principles of Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- Organizational Behavior and Development
- Strategies for Effective Leadership and Consultation
- Principles of Personnel and Human Resources Management
Become a Leader in the Psychology Field
Equipped with this industrial organizational psychology certificate, you may pursue a career as a consultant or academician - however, work environments and job titles in psychology vary widely. You can also advance your career in the industrial and organizational psychology field in an academic and business leadership role.
Program Core Courses
This course applies social and organizational methods and principles to business and industry as it applies to Industrial and Organizational Psychology.
This course examines the theoretical foundations for organizational development and explores how organizations function and the psychology behind it.
This course examines methods for achieving personal, group, and organizational goals through effective consulting and management strategies.
This course examines psychological principles related to personnel and human resource management in both physical and virtual work environments.
Pursue a next-generation education with an online degree from Grand Canyon University. Earn your degree with convenience and flexibility with online courses that let you study anytime, anywhere. GCU offers the most experienced leadership in delivering online degree programs. Full-time faculty members and fully trained adjunct instructors, equipped with strong academic backgrounds and practical experience in their fields, support you every step of the way. Designed with the career-oriented professional in mind, our online classes provide an intimate environment that stimulates engaging and challenging discussions. Choose from programs across our distinct colleges, in high-demand employment areas. Classes begin frequently.
Grand Canyon University’s evening programs cater to the demands of working professionals who prefer an in-person learning environment. Our night classes meet just once per week and offer the interaction and discussion of a typical college classroom. Night classes are designed for a specific number of students, providing a warm and nurturing environment that supports an engaging experience. In an evening cohort, you will progress through your degree program with the same career-minded classmates, providing an opportunity to network and forge relationships that go beyond the classroom. Classes begin frequently at various locations, including our main campus.
* Please note that this list may contain programs that are not presently offered as program availability may vary depending on class size, enrollment and other contributing factors. If you are interested in a program listed herein please first contact your University Counselor for the most current information regarding availability of the program.
* The Department of Education defines how an institution must calculate a program's On-Time Completion rate for federal disclosure purposes. The On-Time Completion rate is based on a program's published required number of months to complete all degree requirements as provided in the institution's catalog. Completion statistics are updated every January and are based on the cohort of students who started the program in the same year and then graduated within the published program length.Online and Evening program disclosures (9 months)
* Please refer to the Academic Catalog for more information. Program subject to change.