Life Coaching Certificate and Training for Becoming a Mentor to Others
Grand Canyon University's (GCU) Graduate Certificate of Completion in Life Coaching program blends psychology, sociology and counseling practices that you can use to help others reach their personal and professional potential. This College of Humanities and Social Sciences program is a study of cognition, motivation, leadership theory, communication and observations so that you can help your peers build and sustain life balance while simultaneously increasing their opportunities for success.
The life coaching certificate is ideal for those who seek advanced education and have already earned a bachelor's degree in psychology, sociology, counseling or a related field. Courses in both individual and organizational coaching strategies can improve knowledge, skills, communication and understanding of others’ motivations to help them succeed.
Help Others Succeed by Earning a Life Coaching Certificate
GCU's Graduate Certificate of Completion in Life Coaching program encourages you to explore advanced cognitive theory; study individuals' habits to help them improve personally, professionally or spiritually; and interpret assessments to help you develop efficient, ethical coaching strategies. The life coaching certificate program also places strong emphasis on the following topics: motivation, leadership theory, communication, data analysis and responses to psychology and sociology.
Develop Effective Life Coaching Strategies
This life coaching certificate program exposes you to a variety of topics, including:
- Comparisons between coaching, psychology, cognition and counseling
- Techniques and skills for individuals
- Techniques and skills for organizations
Pursue an Entrepreneurial Career in Business and Education
Employment prospects in life coaching include working with a range of diverse individuals, groups and professional organizations. You can work as an entrepreneur within a private organization or health care facility, or you may choose to work on behalf of individuals or families. Throughout the course of the life coach certificate program, you are exposed to a variety of peer occupations and situations in demand of your services.
* Please note that this list may contain programs and courses not presently offered, as availability may vary depending on class size, enrollment and other contributing factors. If you are interested in a program or course listed herein please first contact your University Counselor for the most current information regarding availability.
* Please refer to the Academic Catalog for more information. Programs or courses subject to change.