Gain Instructional Coaching Skills to Guide Teachers
The graduate instructional coaching certificate program at Grand Canyon University (GCU) is designed to help leaders in education develop the necessary skills to guide and support other professional teachers. Instructional coaches can play an essential role in helping other educators navigate professional development opportunities and achieve positive results for their students.
This instructional coach training certificate can prepare you for the opportunity to coach and support educators. This certificate aligns with the Teacher Leader Model Standards and provides a foundation for theoretical knowledge and professional skills to support the teaching and learning needs within the field of education.
Start Your Instructional Coaching Certificate for Teachers at GCU
In this instructional coach training certificate program, you have the opportunity to acquire advanced coaching skills, as well as the proper tools to implement these strategies in the areas of instruction, leadership and professional development. This allows you to remain focused on student learning needs and support effective teaching practices in the classroom.
Instructional Coach Training Course Topics
In this certificate program, you have the opportunity to develop an inclusive, continuously expanding knowledge base of the following elements of instructional coaching:
- Delivery of effective curriculum using theories and models that enhance adult learning and development
- Enrichment of classroom instruction and learning outcomes with a strong emphasis on decision-making data
- Professional coaching and leadership skills with an emphasis on improving professional practices, workplace culture and effective communication
- Assessments using educational research-based evidence and strategies
- Effective classroom management
- Facilitation of professional development to accelerate the instructional growth of educators and improve student comprehension
Instructional Coaching Certificate Program FAQs
Instructional coaching is constantly expanding and ever-changing, which may leave you with unanswered questions. Here are some of the most asked questions regarding this certificate program.
If you’re interested in becoming a professional educator who is able to guide and support professional development strategies in the educational field, GCU’s Graduate Certificate in Instructional Coaching Program may be the right choice for you.
1 U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (2022, Oct. 4). Instructional Coordinators: How to Become an Instructional Coordinator. Retrieved on July 6, 2023.
* Please note that this list may contain programs and courses not presently offered, as availability may vary depending on class size, enrollment and other contributing factors. If you are interested in a program or course listed herein please first contact your University Counselor for the most current information regarding availability.
* Please refer to the Academic Catalog for more information. Programs or courses subject to change.