Master’s in Homeland Security and Emergency Management Program
The Master of Science in Leadership with an Emphasis in Homeland Security and Emergency Management degree focuses on the role of leadership and the immediate application of ethical and practical leadership skills. This master’s degree in leadership also focuses on disaster preparation, crisis management and alleviating environmental issues. Graduates of this degree will be armed with the necessary skills to become adept leaders, able to organize and mobilize forces for good.
The degree program covers four domains that aim to empower students to become operational leaders at every level:
- Self-leadership: Practice self-reflection and self-awareness skills, develop emotional and social intelligence to interact effectively, and discover how to adapt quickly in the midst of changing circumstances
- Lead others: Analyze theories of leadership, evaluate strategies, practice coaching and guiding methods to encourage growth in others
- Lead an organization: Learn to encourage organizational growth and improve outcomes for stakeholders, and create systems for managing organizational changes
- Homeland security and emergency management: Apply leadership skills in emergency organizations, create plans for areas impacted by large-scale disasters, and build professional ethics into emergency management practice
What Is a Master’s in Homeland Security and Emergency Management Degree?
GCU’s master’s program focuses on leadership skills, emergency planning, economics and human issues, and law and legal issues. During the degree program, students:
- Practice self-evaluation skills to develop their personal and professional abilities while gaining the competence required to be an effective leader
- Learn to positively influence others to advance their own professional and leadership skills
- Utilize collaboration and communication skills to achieve common goals
- Learn to create compelling vision and drive innovative change to encourage organizational growth and improved outcomes for all involved.
- Apply leadership skills in emergency organizations and participate in the development, implementation and evaluation of emergency-response plans and practices
Why Earn a Master’s in Emergency Management and Homeland Security Degree at GCU?
Students in this master's in emergency management and homeland security degree program will learn leadership skills while integrating Christian worldview principles. Graduates are able to articulate the responsibilities of leadership in a Christian context including their own moral and ethical obligation as emergency managers to serve the public with justice and integrity.
A master’s degree through GCU serves to further the student’s education, skills and reach of influence. Students benefit from rigorous courses, experienced professors and an excellence-oriented university. With a masters in homeland security and emergency management, students will be prepared to take action in the most critical times.
What Can I Do With a Master’s in Homeland Security and Emergency Management Degree?
Students who graduate from this master’s degree program can apply for jobs as security managers, security directors and emergency planners. Grand Canyon University’s Master of Science in Leadership with an Emphasis in Homeland Security and Emergency Management equips graduates to enter with confidence into any of these positions.
Online Master's in Emergency Management Degree Requirements
Gain the skills, knowledge and experience needed to make a career in homeland security. To apply to GCU’s master’s program with a focus on homeland security and emergency management, follow the steps under graduate admission requirements.
*Retrieved from Intelligent.com
* Please refer to the Academic Catalog for more information. Program subject to change.