Military FAQs

Grand Canyon University (GCU) is a military-friendly university and a proud participant in many Veterans Affairs (VA) benefits, including the Yellow Ribbon program. Our goal is to help you successfully apply your benefits and transfer your experience and previous college credits to your degree program at GCU. To help you, we have compiled a list of military FAQs so that you can get familiar with the benefits process. If you have additional questions after browsing through the ones below, contact a military university counselor at 855-GCU-LOPE.

Frequently Asked Questions

Yes, in regards to your financial aid tuition benefit. In regards to a chapter benefit, this can vary based on the program of study. Speak with a military university counselor by calling 855-GCU-LOPE to discuss your specific degree program and benefits.

Military spouses are not eligible for TA. Service members may transfer their GI Bill® benefits to spouses under certain conditions. We do offer spouses of active service members the same cost per credit hour as the active service member, regardless of the spouse's method of payment.

Loading item

Certification is submitted on a course-by-course basis once a student posts attendance into each course. You can email for more information on this topic.

Yes, you can take a break during your program. Work with your student services counselor for more information.

Book stipends are prorated and included with the Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH) stipend.

You can apply for financial aid even if you are using your VA benefits. By filling out the FASFA you may find that you are eligible for loans in addition to using your benefits.

Yes, you can double up if you meet GCU requirements according to GCU policy handbook.

Yes! GCU is proud to offer a wide range of degree programs online.

This number varies based on the individual. Please refer to for more information.

Yes, you may be eligible. Visit for more information and to view the current rate.

Yes, we have a prescribed process to handle deployments. Your student service counselor will assist you if a deployment occurs.

No, GCU has a Military Deployment Policy which will assist our Active Duty service members with tuition costs.

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at

Get More Information

Loading Form

Scroll back to top