GCU Technology offers innovative cyber training in the latest tech fields while integrating critical thinking, problem-solving and hands-on experience. GCU Technology programs at Grand Canyon University’s College of Science, Engineering and Technology can prepare students for a career in the technology sector. GCU’s technology programs can provide students with hands-on education that fosters creativity and collaboration, and gives them the opportunity to use equipment not typically available to undergraduate students. Degree programs within the department emphasize emerging and innovative technology trends with GCU’s STEM-guiding principles at the core to provide students with technical education while nurturing the development of valuable soft skills. The technology faculty at GCU are knowledgeable about their areas of expertise.
GCU Technology provides a variety of technology-specific degrees such as software development, cybersecurity, computer science and information technology. GCU has the National Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense Education (CAE-CD) designation, based on the IT cybersecurity bachelor’s degree program. This designation is given by the National Security Agency and the Department of Homeland Security. Our bachelor’s and master’s degrees, as well as our undergraduate certificates, are all designed to adhere to today’s technology field standards. Browse our list of degrees below to find the one that fits your interests.
Loading Degree Programs
Technology Equipment, Laboratories and Programs
As a GCU Technology student, you have the opportunity to benefit from innovative education, research and outreach programs that include hands-on projects with access to professional-level equipment. Software and technology infrastructures supplement the curriculum that is aligned with input from technology advisory board. Programs outside the classroom offer further instruction for students seeking more specified knowledge.
- Computer Science Collaboratorium
- The Computer Science Collaboratorium is a venue for cross-disciplinary collaboration between scientists and engineers for sharing ideas and exploring prototype devices, instruments and software such as IoT devices, medical instruments, intelligent robots 2 and DNA sequencing. This lab is used for capstone projects and by computer science and computer programming students.
- Cyber Center for Excellence (CCE)
- The CCE takes an ethical approach to hacking, providing visitors with access to tools and technologies that hackers use to penetrate restricted networks. Every aspect of the CCE starts and ends with an approach to ethical hacking. Students, community members and industry professionals can visit the CCE and utilize the resources and tools to develop the skills to better protect their networks. The open environment encourages forward-thinking, a foundational part of providing enhanced educational experiences in STEM and skills-building opportunities for a new generation of cybersecurity professionals. As detailed below, the CCE has academic collaboration relationships with companies like ACTRA, NACRA, CompTIA Academy, Log Rhythm, Cisco Academy, Red Hat Academy and EC-Council, all to enhance efforts in developing these technologies and skills.
- Research & Design Program
- The Research & Design Program at GCU is a faculty-driven program that enables students to investigate, innovate and create advancements in science, technology and engineering on the GCU campus. Students can participate in a variety of project topics to potentially gain valuable knowledge and insights as they prepare for future education and employment.
Be a part of the future of GCU Technology by requesting more information today.
STEM Learning Opportunities for Students
Applied project-based learning is a focus of GCU Technology. With its growth, students have continually been able to work alongside their peers and faculty to conduct research based on their own interests. Here are some of the research projects and presentations students have conducted and events that students have attended: