While our main campus in Phoenix is home to our traditional BSN program, we offer our accelerated BSN program at satellite locations in Sun City (near Phoenix), Tucson, Salt Lake City and Las Vegas. Eligible students must have 60 or more college credits to enroll in the program or hold an existing bachelor’s degree (requirements may vary by ABSN location).
Our full-time accelerated nursing program expands on the non-nursing college credits you’ve already earned so you can begin your nursing coursework sooner. Designed exclusively for accelerated nursing students, each facility features state-of-the-art skills labs and immersive simulation experiences, classroom space, computer labs, faculty offices and a student lounge.
As an ABSN student, you and your classmates will regularly visit your location of enrollment to complete hands-on labs and simulations under the guidance of faculty. This is also where you’ll take proctored exams.
Whether you attend our 16-month1 ABSN program in Arizona, Nevada or Utah, you’ll receive the same quality accelerated nursing education taught by our highly supportive faculty.
Arizona ABSN Program
Our accelerated BSN nursing programs in Arizona are offered in Phoenix or Tucson and have three start dates each year.
GCU’s accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing program in Arizona consists of:
- Online courses that build a foundational knowledge of the nursing profession.
- Nursing skills and immersive simulation experiences that challenge students to apply the skills they’ve learned during coursework at one of our learning sites in Tucson or Phoenix.
- Clinical rotations that offer networking opportunities and allow students to gain hands-on experience at top Arizona healthcare organizations.
Phoenix Learning Site: 10484 W. Thunderbird Blvd., Sun City, AZ 85351
Tucson Learning Site: 3500 N. Campbell Ave., Tucson AZ 85719
GCU’s Accelerated Nursing Degree Program in Nevada
Our accelerated BSN program in Las Vegas, Nevada, makes an esteemed nursing education accessible in as few as 16 months,1 with three start dates available per year.
Students in GCU’s Las Vegas ABSN program follow a rigorous sequence of:
- Online courses that teach nursing fundamentals and theory.
- Nursing skills and immersive simulation experiences that focus on applied learning and practice at our learning site in Las Vegas.
- Clinical rotations at top healthcare organizations in Nevada that offer real-world experience in a variety of nursing specialty areas.
GCU’s Accelerated BSN Degree in Utah
Our accelerated BSN program in Utah is your path to a high-quality nursing education. With three start dates a year, you could graduate ready to take the nurse licensure exam in as few as 16 months.1
Part of your nursing education will include in-person experience you’ll gain through skills and simulation labs at our Utah location. U.S. News and World Report ranks Salt Lake City as the No. 23 best place to live in the country.2 With its beautiful landscape, buzzing healthcare industry and lots of options for food and entertainment, it’s an ideal location for earning your nursing degree. With three start dates a year, there’s no better time than now to begin on your path toward nursing.
As a student in GCU’s accelerated BSN degree in Utah, your schedule will follow a fast-paced sequence of:
- Online courses that lay the foundation for your nursing education.
- Nursing skills and immersive simulation experiences that put the knowledge you’ve gained through coursework into action at our learning site in Salt Lake City.
- Clinical rotations that empower you to work alongside healthcare professionals at top healthcare settings in Utah.
Online Nursing Coursework
Complete your online coursework conveniently from anywhere via our interactive platform.
Skills and Simulation Labs
Develop your nursing skills and clinical judgment in a mock clinical environment.
Valuable Clinical Experience
Put your skills into action by working with nursing professionals at top healthcare facilities.
Fill out the Request Info form on this page to learn more about earning your ABSN in a location nearest you.
1 Based on location, applicants must transfer a minimum of 60 of the required 123 credits, or have completed a baccalaureate degree, and complete 9 prerequisite courses/labs and 10 general education courses prior to starting the core nursing courses which can be completed in 16 months. An additional prerequisite course is required for students enrolled in Grand Canyon University’s ABSN program in Nevada. For more information on the accreditation of nursing programs and other university licensures, please visit our University Accreditation and Regulations page at gcu.edu/CONHCPAccreditation
2 Retrieved from: U.S. News & World Report, 150 Best Places to Live in the U.S. in 2021-2022 in May 2022.