What Is a Global Ministry Bachelor of Arts Program?
Faith leaders who pursue global ministry initiatives strive to bring the word of God and the love of Christ to people around the world. You can nurture your faith while preparing for a career in global ministry at Grand Canyon University. The Bachelor of Arts in Christian Studies with an Emphasis in Global Ministry degree is an intensive survey of Christian doctrines, theological knowledge and cross-cultural ministry within national and international contexts.
The global ministry degree is offered by the College of Theology to students who feel called to join the next generation of contemporary Christian leaders around the world. Deepen your understanding of biblical truths and Christian history while exploring leadership styles and communication strategies. Students pursuing this Christian ministry degree are expected to affirm the Doctrinal Statement and College of Theology Covenant early on in their studies.
Learn to Apply Biblical, Theological and Practical Knowledge With a BA in Christian Studies – Global Ministry Degree
Christian studies students at GCU immerse themselves in a supportive, welcoming campus environment. Our private Christian university is an inclusive place that welcomes all who desire to know and love God.
During your studies, you will develop a firm foundation of biblical and theological knowledge, and explore its practical, modern applications. You will develop your own Christ-like character as you consider impactful ways to minister to others. Cross-cultural studies are a major component of this academic program. Some of the courses included in the Christian studies - global ministry BA degree include:
- Anthropology for Cross-Cultural Ministry
- Christianity in a Global Context
- Evangelism and Discipleship
- World Religions
- Christianity and Culture
Students will develop a keen understanding of the principles of anthropology within the context of missiology. They will learn how to analyze and engage groups of people in different cultural contexts. There is a focus on contemporary issues in global ministry, including recent mission movements, best practices for mission strategies and modern trends in global Christianity. Other core competencies of this degree program include the following:
- The principles and methods for faithfully ministering to people of diverse backgrounds, with an emphasis on North American cultural engagement
- The historical background, religious texts, beliefs and current practices of the major contemporary religions, including Abrahamic and Eastern religions
- The major developments in the history of Christianity that influenced Christian doctrine
- The basic principles of biblical hermeneutics and their application to contemporary ethical issues
Graduates will be prepared to thoughtfully and actively listen to people of diverse backgrounds and faiths, and to tailor an effective gospel presentation in response.
Prepare for Cross-Cultural Ministry
With a focus on cultural awareness and gospel ministry, this degree prepares students to become effective servant leaders at home and abroad. Graduates may choose to pursue work as foreign missionaries, where they may spread the love of Christ and the word of God to in-need communities around the world. Other career possibilities that may be related to this degree program include:
- Youth pastor
- Religious activities director
- Religious studies leader
- Nonprofit/humanitarian worker
- Volunteer coordinator
Some graduates of the Bachelor of Arts in Christian studies – global ministry degree may elect to further their studies to enhance their career qualifications and open the door to high-level leadership positions. Grand Canyon Theological Seminary offers a number of master’s and doctoral degree programs for interested Christian leaders.
General Education Requirements
General Education coursework prepares Grand Canyon University graduates to think critically, communicate clearly, live responsibly in a diverse world, and thoughtfully integrate their faith and ethical convictions into all dimensions of life. These competencies, essential to an effective and satisfying life, are outlined in the General Education Learner Outcomes. General Education courses embody the breadth of human understanding and creativity contained in the liberal arts and sciences tradition. Students take an array of foundational knowledge courses that promote expanded knowledge, insight, and the outcomes identified in the University’s General Education Competencies. The knowledge and skills students acquire through these courses serve as a foundation for successful careers and lifelong journeys of growing understanding and wisdom.
* Please note that this list may contain programs and courses not presently offered, as availability may vary depending on class size, enrollment and other contributing factors. If you are interested in a program or course listed herein please first contact your University Counselor for the most current information regarding availability.
* Please refer to the Academic Catalog for more information. Programs or courses subject to change.