What Is a Bachelor of Arts in Christian Studies - Worship Leadership Degree?
Modern worship leaders are empowered to faithfully lead and minister to their Christian communities, while remaining grounded in biblical truths. Worship leaders guide congregations in praising the Lord, often through psalms and related musical arrangements. If you feel called to use your talents to serve God and your fellow Christians, consider applying for Grand Canyon University’s Bachelor of Arts in Christian Studies with an Emphasis in Worship Leadership degree.
Offered by the College of Theology, this Christian worship leadership BA degree prepares students to assume roles in the church leadership and in the mission field. Knowledgeable and faithful instructors guide students in deepening their understanding of Christian doctrine while they explore the 21st century application of theological principles. The program examines a range of historical and contemporary approaches to worship and encourages students to engage in self-reflection regarding their own character and leadership skills.
Examine the Christian Faith and Ministry
Christian studies students benefit from the academic and spiritual guidance of well-qualified instructors at GCU. Within our faith-based learning community, students gain a thorough understanding of matters pertaining to Christian doctrine and biblical truths.
Along with the core Christian studies courses, the worship leadership emphasis courses prepare students to become effective communicators, ethical servant leaders and critical thinkers. Students are encouraged to develop their own Christ-like character as they acquire the leadership skills necessary to inspire others to know and love God.
As a modern university, GCU is pleased to offer both on-campus and online courses. Some of the courses included with this degree program include:
- Pastoral Leadership
- Christian Worldview and Media
- Worship Leadership
- Theology of Worship
- Christianity in a Global Context
Christian studies students begin with an in-depth look at the Old and New Testaments, examining the biblical narrative, genres, theological themes and major historical periods. Additional courses in theological methodology, biblical basis for Christian doctrine and biblical interpretation and application give students a solid framework for building a career as a worship leader. Other core competencies include the following:
- Developing understanding and habits related to personal and corporate worship
- Reflecting on biblical patterns of worship and praise, including contemporary expressions of worship
- Exploring emerging technologies and media for shaping and enhancing the expression of the Christian worldview and worship
- Examining effective leadership, administration and pastoral care for leading others in faithful worship
- Developing an understanding of the biblical theology of worship, including the historical developments that influence current worship practices
Advance as a Worship Leader With a Christian Studies - Worship Leadership BA Degree
The BA in Christian Studies with an Emphasis in Worship Leadership degree is a flexible learning path with the potential for a diverse range of career applications. Worship leaders are important members of the Christian community. Graduates will possess a solid framework of biblical and theological knowledge. They’ll learn to apply that knowledge within a variety of settings, including the church, the mission field and other Christian organizations.
This Bachelor of Arts in Christian Studies with an Emphasis in Worship Leadership degree can provide the basis for advanced study in theology. Graduates may choose to pursue a master’s or doctoral degree from the Grand Canyon Theological Seminary, which may further expand their career opportunities.
General Education Requirements
General Education coursework prepares Grand Canyon University graduates to think critically, communicate clearly, live responsibly in a diverse world, and thoughtfully integrate their faith and ethical convictions into all dimensions of life. These competencies, essential to an effective and satisfying life, are outlined in the General Education Learner Outcomes. General Education courses embody the breadth of human understanding and creativity contained in the liberal arts and sciences tradition. Students take an array of foundational knowledge courses that promote expanded knowledge, insight, and the outcomes identified in the University’s General Education Competencies. The knowledge and skills students acquire through these courses serve as a foundation for successful careers and lifelong journeys of growing understanding and wisdom.
* Please note that this list may contain programs and courses not presently offered, as availability may vary depending on class size, enrollment and other contributing factors. If you are interested in a program or course listed herein please first contact your University Counselor for the most current information regarding availability.
* Please refer to the Academic Catalog for more information. Programs or courses subject to change.