College of Nursing and Health Care Professions Accreditations
The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), recognized by the United States Department of Education, assesses the quality and integrity of nursing programs.
The following programs in the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (Pre-Licensure)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Master of Science in Nursing with an Emphasis in Health Informatics
- Master of Science in Nursing with an Emphasis in Nursing Education
- Master of Science in Nursing with an Emphasis in Public Health Nursing
- Master of Science of Nursing with an Emphasis in Nursing Leadership in Health Care Systems
- Master of Science in Nursing: Acute Care Nurse Practitioner with an Emphasis in Adult Gerontology
- Master of Science in Nursing: Family Nurse Practitioner
- Post-Master of Science in Nursing: Acute Care Nurse Practitioner with an Emphasis in Adult Gerontology
- Post-Master of Science in Nursing: Family Nurse Practitioner
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
655 K Street, NW, Suite 750
Washington, DC 20001
Phone: (202) 887-6791
The baccalaureate degree programs in nursing, the master’s degree programs in nursing, the Doctor of Nursing Practice programs and the post-graduate APRN certificate programs at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (https://www.ccneaccreditation.org).
The Bachelor of Science in Athletic Training is currently accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE). Recognized by CHEA, the CAATE assesses and recognizes excellence in athletic training. The CAATE serves to uphold high standards of education within athletic training programs in order to ultimately enhance clinical practice. Woven within their mission are the values of transparency, accountability and excellence, which serve as a foundation for accredited athletic training education programs.
2001 K Street NW
Third Floor North
Washington, DC 20006
The Health Information Management accreditor of Grand Canyon University is the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM). The College’s accreditation for the baccalaureate degree in Health Information Management has been reaffirmed through 2030-2031. All inquiries about the program’s accreditation status should be directed by mail to CAHIIM, 200 East Randolph Street, Suite 5100, Chicago, IL, 60601; by phone at 312-235-3255; or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
200 East Randolph Street
Chicago, IL 60601
The Grand Canyon University Pre-Licensure Nursing Immersive Simulation has been granted Provisional Accreditation from the Society for Simulation in Healthcare (SSH). The SSH accreditation is a peer-reviewed, customized evaluation of the simulation program. With obtaining accreditation, GCU is recognized for its expertise in simulation above and beyond domain expertise.
P.O. Box 856114
Minneapolis, MN 55485-6114
Grand Canyon University has been fully accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) since 1968. If you would like more information about this accreditation and how it and others help to serve the greater purpose of GCU, visit our University Accreditation page.