Become Well-Versed with a Business Analytics Degree
The Bachelor of Science in Business Analytics from GCU is designed for students who wanted to develop a strong foundation in business and are also interested in how data informs business practices. Students who study business analytics learn about all aspects of business, including:
They learn to apply the analytical skills of data visualization and data mining to models. They then interpret what these models show to make business decisions.
At GCU, the BS in Business Analytics degree program was created around set of important skills that graduates will need to be successful in the workplace. These include:
- Business communication and critical thinking skills
- Information literacy and data analysis
- Business operations and environments
- Legal, ethical and values-driven business
- Business analytics
GCU’s Business Analytics vs. Applied Business Analytics Bachelor of Science Degrees
Grand Canyon University offers both a Bachelor of Science in Business Analytics and a Bachelor of Science in Applied Business Analytics. Both programs prepare students for career options in business and analytics.
The coursework for the BS in Business Analytics focuses on business practices, while also including instruction in data visualization, data mining, and predictive and prescriptive models. This degree program emphasizes the process of making data-driven decisions within the context of business.
The BS in Applied Business Analytics program focuses more on the fundamentals of database structures, data mining, business analytics and project management. Graduates all look at how those topics are applied in business, for example within the realm of businesses technology to prepare for an audit.
Prepare to Organize and Interpret Data
This business analytics Bachelor of Science degree from GCU combines coursework in business and analytics. Skills such as effective communication and critical thinking are also emphasized to help graduates be successful in future business analytics careers. They will be in positions where they not only interpret data but share it across broad networks of stakeholders.
Some of the competencies the BS in Business Analytics program focus on include:
- Demonstrating skills for effective collaboration, negotiation, and teamwork.
- Applying techniques for creative problem solving and encouraging innovation within organizations.
- Designing and deliver persuasive business presentations.
- Demonstrating appropriate research strategies for acquiring information necessary to meet specific business needs.
- Applying strategies for analyzing and synthesizing data and evaluating risk in making business decisions.
- Using quantitative techniques and tools to analyze data relevant to business decision making.
Specifically in this program, students use financial statements to analyze how effective an organization is. They also study supply and demand trends to measure market economies. In addition, they look at operations and management structures to solve business problems.
Cultivate a future in Business Intelligence With a BS in Business Analytics
Business analytics degree program graduates can follow industry-specific laws, regulations and ethical practices. Upon graduation, they can apply statistical analysis and modeling to data to enable effective business practices.
Business analytics grads have the skills to fulfill several career opportunities. They may find work as:
- Chief executives
- General and operation managers
- Operations research analysts
- Business analysts
- Business analytics analysts
- Business intelligence analysts
- Data analysts
- Business analytics managers
- Business intelligence managers
If you are passionate about leading business through the use of data-driven analysis, a Bachelor of Science degree in business analytics could be the right path for you.
General Education Requirements
General Education coursework prepares Grand Canyon University graduates to think critically, communicate clearly, live responsibly in a diverse world, and thoughtfully integrate their faith and ethical convictions into all dimensions of life. These competencies, essential to an effective and satisfying life, are outlined in the General Education Learner Outcomes. General Education courses embody the breadth of human understanding and creativity contained in the liberal arts and sciences tradition. Students take an array of foundational knowledge courses that promote expanded knowledge, insight, and the outcomes identified in the University's General Education Competencies. The knowledge and skills students acquire through these courses serve as a foundation for successful careers and lifelong journeys of growing understanding and wisdom.
* Please note that this list may contain programs and courses not presently offered, as availability may vary depending on class size, enrollment and other contributing factors. If you are interested in a program or course listed herein please first contact your University Counselor for the most current information regarding availability.
* Please refer to the Academic Catalog for more information. Programs or courses subject to change.