Create, Interpret and Share Data with a Doctor of Business Administration: Data Analytics Degree
Advance your knowledge of evidence-based theories and practices with the Doctor of Business Administration with an Emphasis in Data Analytics degree from Grand Canyon University. This dynamic and innovative degree program empowers learners to enhance their leadership skills and meet the demands of 21st-century business architecture.
Offered by the College of Doctoral Studies, this DBA in Data Analytics is designed for business executives and industry and community leaders. Learners will begin the dissertation process right from the start, making use of ongoing mentoring from fully-qualified faculty members as they conduct original research and shape raw data into a polished academic dissertation.
Learn Techniques to Manage and Analyze Data
This Doctor of Business Administration data analytics degree follows a scaffolded curriculum with embedded research skills to support learners’ progression toward accomplished scholar-practitioners. Throughout, learners are encouraged to fine-tune critical thinking and analytical reasoning skills while exploring leadership styles and the principles of servant leadership. The values-based, transparent curriculum emphasizes the role of professional ethics and the Christian worldview as applied to industry settings. Learners will apply their knowledge of current business theories to complex case studies.
Some of the courses included with this program are:
- Analytic Foundations for Business Leaders
- Prescriptive Modeling for Business Decisions
- Approaches to Research Design and Data Analysis
- Emerging Issues in Financial Management
- Using Business Analytics for Competitive Advantage
Learners will begin by exploring the principal elements of research and scholarly writing before moving on to examine the theories and frameworks that drive financial decision-making in contemporary organizations. The curriculum examines timely issues that administrators face, including mergers and acquisitions, capital structure and corporate finance. Other core competencies for this program include the following:
- Develop a research question and conduct a systematic literature review
- Apply microeconomic principles to the solution of business problems
- Understand organizational sustainability through the lens of competitive advantage
- Understand conceptual and practical aspects of data collection, management and analysis
- Prepare to present scholarly work and to thoughtfully critique the work of others
This doctoral degree is available through online courses. However, learners are expected to participate in two or three five-day residencies on campus. These are conducted to enable learners to benefit from networking opportunities, peer feedback and intensive mentorship from faculty members.
What Can You Do with a Data Analytics Doctor of Business Administration Degree?
The Doctor of Business Administration with an emphasis in data analytics is the height of academic achievement in the business world. Graduates will advance their purpose for driving industry-wide change and leading their organizations into the future. Some jobs that may be related to this degree may include the following:
- Chief Executive Officer
- Chief Data Officer
- Strategic Innovation Manager
- Business Intelligence Director
- Business Intelligence Solutions Architect
- Data Scientist
- Data Engineer
In addition, some individuals with a DBA in Data Analytics may choose to enter academia, where they may contribute to the ever-growing field of business theory within postsecondary education.