Become an Effective Leader With an MBA in Leadership Online
Offered by the Colangelo College of Business, the Master of Business Administration with an Emphasis in Leadership at GCU is a degree that leads candidates to formulate and strengthen their leadership styles. While learning the principles of business, you will prepare to be an effective business leader. Gain self-confidence in your executive leadership skills and apply the principles of ethical decision-making and problem-solving. This online leadership MBA will help you build a conceptual framework that emphasizes the thoughtful development and communication of decisions.
From a managerial approach, candidates explore a wide range of leadership topics within an intimate and engaging online classroom. Learn from the diverse perspectives of your peers and instructors. Prepare to drive positive growth and efficient change in your organization with this MBA in Leadership.
Benefits of this degree include:
- Online courses to increase convenience.
- 22 months to earn your MBA degree.*
- Transfer credits for business-oriented bachelor’s degrees.*
In addition, Colangelo College of Business has a distinct perspective of business, equipping students to be good stewards and adept business professionals. Elements of this perspective include:
- Business as a force for good: Students are taught to elevate humanity through business done right, including the tenets of conscious capitalism.
- Free markets and purpose for prosperity: Over the course of the program students explore the higher purpose of business and a stakeholder orientation for long-term success.
- Business as ministry: Business is taught through a Christian perspective that upholds supporting your team through love, care and support because everyone matters.
What Is Leadership?
Leaders drive positive change and build productive workspaces. As you work toward your MBA, the leadership development program will give you the tools and foundational knowledge needed to become an effective leader.
An effective leader has many qualities, including:
- Identifying and cultivating talent
- Inspiring others and developing the company culture
- Providing a good example for others to follow
- Motivating others towards a common vision
- Promote potential in others
The Benefits of Having a Master of Business Administration in Leadership
The leadership development MBA program at GCU emphasizes the intrinsic value of servant leadership. MBA candidates explore how servant leadership builds strong and ethical organizations, enriches lives and works toward positive and socially just communities.
The MBA in Leadership challenges candidates to attain a deeper level of understanding of effective business and management principles. You will refine your communication skills, learning how to effectively connect with diverse audiences and key stakeholders. Critical thinking and analysis, ethical problem-solving and innovative theory application are core competencies.
Earn Your Leadership MBA Online
GCU designs affordable degree programs and courses with the modern student in mind. By enrolling in the online MBA in Leadership, you can complete coursework and engage with your peers on a schedule that fits around your current obligations. This program requires a total of 54 credits for completion. Most online courses are eight weeks long.
The learning objectives are broad in scope and in-depth in nature. They include the following:
- The models and theories of leadership, as approached by diverse viewpoints
- The behavioral forces and relationships that drive positive organizational change
- The design and execution of strategies that create a sustainable competitive advantage
- The adoption and promotion of socially responsible business practices
Career Opportunities After an MBA in Leadership
Earning your Master of Business Administration in Leadership can prepare you to become a competitive applicant for executive and managerial positions across a broad range of industries. This credential demonstrates your commitment to professional development and best practices in leadership. Some of the high-potential career opportunities for those with an MBA in Leadership may include:
- Corporate executive
- Manager of human resources
- Director of operations
MBA candidates at Grand Canyon University may qualify for placement assistance.
*Upon evaluation of their transcripts, students with business-oriented undergraduate degrees may waive all MBA fundamental courses to complete the program in as little as 18 months. A minimum 3.5 GPA is required to double up on coursework for an earlier completion time of one year. Students should consult their Student Service Counselor for options. Students will still have to complete the emphasis courses to complete the full degree in 22 months or 16 months if doubling up. Students with non-business undergraduate degrees may have the ability to waive one or more of the following fundamental courses associated with their programs of study if content was taken and completed with a B or better: ACC-502, FIN-504 and SYM-506.
* Please note that this list may contain programs and courses not presently offered, as availability may vary depending on class size, enrollment and other contributing factors. If you are interested in a program or course listed herein please first contact your University Counselor for the most current information regarding availability.
* Please refer to the Academic Catalog for more information. Programs or courses subject to change.