Make the most of your college experience by learning about the student resources available to you throughout your time in college. At Grand Canyon University (GCU), our goal is to provide you with everything you need to thrive during your college years. We offer plenty of resources so that you can get involved both on campus and in your local community. Find out how you can participate in a variety of activities and get to know your peers outside of the classroom.
Internship Opportunities and Resources
Honor students may choose to pursue internships to advance their classroom learning and receive real-world experience and networking opportunities. For some, internships may result in class credit. The Academic and Career Excellence (ACE) Center is here to help students find a suitable and relevant internship. Additionally, the Office of Internships offers a host of services to help students with the internship process. This includes preparation workshops, internship fairs, as well as elective and programmatic internships guidance. An exclusive online internship board is also offered where GCU students can discover openings for interns.
Honors College Internships and Graduate School Placements
Business and Marketing: Check out the variety of businesses and organizations Honors students have worked with. Build your business and marketing knowledge and network.
- LaneTerralever Marketing
- 2016 U.S. Olympic Trials
- Fiesta Bowl
- Super Bowl Committee
- Charles Schwab
- Bank of America
- Edward Jones
- PGA Champions Tour - Charles Schwab Cup
- Arizona Coyotes
- Oakland Athletics
- Arizona Grand Resort
- MGM Resort, Las Vegas
- Naya Energy
- Arizona Sports and Entertainment Commission
- KTAR News
- Phoenix International Raceway
Counseling and Behavior Health: Follow in the footsteps of other Honors students and find the right counseling and behavior health internship for you.
- Southwest Behavioral and Health Services
- New Leaf
- Desert Valley Pediatric Therapy
- Devereux Behavioral Health
- Stanford University - Behavioral Health Research
Politics, Government and Law: From interning with the FBI to being placed with the AZ State Legislature, see where previous Honors college students have found placements.
- Maricopa County Juvenile Probation Department
- AZ State Legislature
- John McCain Senate Campaign
- San Diego District Attorney's Office
- Superior Courts of Downtown Phoenix
- U.S. Marine Corps Officer Program, Quantico
- Attorney General's Office
STEM and Health Care: Gain an inside look into STEM and health care related fields with interactive internships and grad school placements.
- Mayo Clinic
- Zika Virus Research Project
- Maricopa Integrated Health Services
- Arise Prosthetic
- Scientific Technologies Company
- ON Semiconductor
- Maricopa Medical Examiner
- Phoenix Children's Hospital
- Barrow Neurological Institute
- General Dynamics
- Atlantic Project
- Fischer Institute
- St. Joseph's Hospital
- Banner Desert Medical Center
- Pinnacle Transplant Technologies
- Salt River Project (SRP)
*Self-reported 2017-present student information
Clubs and Organizations
The Honors College offers several honors clubs and organizations, available exclusively for students in our college. Get to know other honors students, and make connections that will last a lifetime. Explore our clubs and organization to find out more.
Make an impact on the local community and become a responsible servant leader by participating in GCU's outreach programs. From Serve the City Day to the Run to Fight Children's Cancer, GCU is committed to improving lives throughout our neighborhood.