Business administration, nursing practice and an online PhD are only a few of Grand Canyon University’s (GCU) doctorate programs, preparing you to face critical challenges within the work environment. Throughout our doctoral degrees, we also provide emphasis opportunities that range from behavioral health and Christian ministry to industrial and organizational psychology. Develop your passion for your field of study and prepare for leadership within your profession and community.
The College of Doctoral Studies allows you to pursue accelerated doctoral degrees within a collaborative community of faculty and scholars. The dissertation process begins early in each program, helping you move quickly toward completing your doctoral degree. Our doctorate programs are designed in collaboration with authorities in their respective disciplines. Whether you choose one of our online degree programs or evening classes, we encourage you to benefit from helpful research assistance, close mentoring and exceptional grant opportunities.
Many doctoral learners at GCU, including those in online degree programs, are also required to participate in Residencies as part of their doctoral degree program. These stimulating and engaging learning experiences allow you the opportunity to collaborate with fellow learners and receive one-on-one coaching in a scholarly environment.
View GCU’s Doctorate Degrees
Enjoy the convenience of an online degree program while still gaining your terminal degree in leadership with GCU’s online EdD programs. Choose from a variety of emphases, including behavioral health, Christian ministry and healthcare administration. Connect with your peers through our unique online community, and apply your leadership and research theories within multiple organizations including higher education, management or ministry.
- Doctor of Education in Organizational Leadership with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- Doctor of Education in Organizational Leadership with an Emphasis in Health Care Administration
- Doctor of Education in Organizational Leadership with an Emphasis in Higher Education Leadership
- Doctor of Education in Organizational Leadership with an Emphasis in Special Education
- Doctor of Education in Organizational Leadership: Behavioral Health
- Doctor of Education in Organizational Leadership: Higher Education Leadership
- Doctor of Education in Organizational Leadership: K-12 Leadership
- Doctor of Education in Organizational Leadership: Organizational Development
- Doctor of Education in Teaching and Learning with an Emphasis in Adult Learning
- Education Specialist in K-12 Leadership
Online PhD Programs
GCU’s online PhD programs prepare you to contribute to your field by developing new psychological research and studying emotional responses in different environments. We offer several emphases, including performance psychology, industrial and organizational psychology, and cognition and instruction. Learners in our PhD program study under the guidance of expert faculty within a unique community that connects learners with their peers.
- Bridge (Doctor of Philosophy in Counselor Education and Supervision)
- Doctor of Philosophy in Counselor Education and Supervision
- Doctor of Philosophy in General Psychology with an Emphasis in Cognition and Instruction
- Doctor of Philosophy in General Psychology with an Emphasis in Industrial and Organizational Psychology
Business & Nursing Doctorate Programs
The doctorate degree offerings at GCU include our Doctor of Business Administration and Doctor of Nursing Practice. GCU’s DBA programs offer emphases in Data Analytics, Management and Marketing, each of which is designed for business executives looking to continue in their commitment to professional excellence. Our DNP programs are practice-focused, and are tailored for nursing leaders and advanced practice registered nurses to achieve the highest level of nursing education.
“DNA” is a symbolic representation of our doctoral journey – a framework we use to describe the building blocks of our doctoral programs. Here are several main components:
- Academic Support - Available from multiple areas across each program
- Courses - Core content, research and emphasis courses
- Research Knowledge and Skills - Introduced in research courses and reinforced in content and emphasis courses
- Research Artifacts and Assessments - Develop dissertation and knowledge and skills related to program outcomes