FINE ARTS AND PRODUCTION STUDENT RESOURCES
The College of Fine Arts and Production provides you with a number of student resources to stay engaged with peers and improve your talents outside of class. From performance choirs to bands (percussion ensemble, jazz band, pep band, symphonic band, wind ensemble and more) to social clubs, we host several ways to keep you connected. Our collaborative, cross-disciplinary approach, small class sizes and seasoned faculty make Grand Canyon University (GCU) the ideal place for you to learn, rehearse and perform. Explore the many resources available to you.
Performing helps you develop and master your talent. At GCU, we aim to promote the artistry and creative integrity of music, dance and more. The College of Fine Arts and Production offers a diverse selection of performance groups to the university community and the Phoenix community at large. Get involved, join our large network of creative minds and perform!
If you are interested in performing in one of our performance ensembles, an audition may be required. You must be accepted as a GCU student in order to audition for any of our ensembles. Learn more by calling 855-GCU-LOPE.
For the music-minded, GCU encourages you to participate in one of its boisterous bands. Genres range from chamber music to ragtime classics to today's pop tunes; whatever your style, there is a band for you!
- GCU Thundering Heard Pep Band - Thundering Heard is an integral part of Lopes basketball. The Thundering Heard Pep Band is open to all majors, by audition.
- GCU Symphonic Band - During the basketball off-season, the Thundering Heard Pep Band becomes the GCU Symphonic Band and performs once a year.
- GCU Thunder Big Band - A high-caliber performing ensemble open to the most advanced jazz musicians by audition. This band studies and performs music from multiple music eras.
- GCU Percussion Ensemble - A chamber music group open to percussionists of all majors by audition. This ensemble studies and performs contemporary music.
- GCU Wind Ensemble - The premiere wind group at GCU is open to the most advanced musicians by audition. Musical excellence is upheld as both new and traditional masterpieces are performed.
COFAP clubs are the entryway to new skills and lifelong bonds with fellow performers, designers and producers outside the classroom. Develop your purpose and further your passions while making new connections in student-run clubs and associations.
COFAP Service in the Community
Music and arts are common forces that connect communities worldwide. The College of Fine Arts and Production commits to serving others to make a global impact that lasts a lifetime.
GCU’s Internship Program
Take advantage of the many programs offered by GCU, including internships. Gain practical experience and college credits as an intern.