Earn Your Master’s in Nursing – Health Care Quality and Patient Safety Degree
Enhance your nursing education and take your career to the next level as an expert in health care quality and patient safety. Grand Canyon University’s College of Nursing and Health Care Professions is proud to offer an MSN degree for motivated nurses who want to improve quality and safety within nursing. In this program, you’ll gain advanced knowledge and skills to take on a wide range of roles within the health care field. From a clinician to a community advocate to a systems manager, you’ll wear many hats as you learn how to incorporate diverse concepts into cohesive solutions.
Our MSN in Health Care Quality and Patient Safety program covers research, collaboration, communication, data analysis, project management and much more. Along with honing important nursing leadership skills – such as clinical and organizational decision-making – students will focus on critical thinking, evidence-based research and diagnostic reasoning. You will examine how to improve health care systems and patient outcomes from all aspects.
For more information on the accreditation of nursing programs and other university approvals, please visit our University Accreditation and Regulations page.
Study Standards of Quality and Safety in Nursing
Designed for nurses seeking to improve their knowledge and skills in the area of health care quality and patient safety, this Master of Science in Nursing program covers a variety of valuable coursework. You’ll focus on nationally recognized expectations and metrics for quality, examine different approaches to support quality improvement measures and learn about technologies that support clinical decision-making for patient safety. Throughout this specialized master’s degree program, you will:
- Explore the quality improvement process and examine the most commonly used models and tools for improving health care quality
- Evaluate methods to track, assess, analyze and review data relating to patient safety issues
- Examine project management models and approaches in health care settings
- Gain skills to identify various stakeholders and roles, set goals and expectations, plan stakeholder engagement and identify ways to mitigate obstacles in health care project management
- Learn about the elements of change management, how to identify criteria for success in change areas and how to plan phases and goals for implementation
- Learn how to implement health care quality and safety initiatives
Prepare for Your Nursing Career with a Specialty MSN in Quality and Safety
With your MSN degree, you’ll stand out from your peers and be equipped to make a difference in the ever-advancing health care field. Specializing in quality and safety in nursing leads to many opportunities. Graduates of our Master of Science in Nursing in Health Care Quality and Patient Safety program are prepared for roles such as:
- Quality and patient safety coordinator
- Director of risk and quality
- Director of nursing
- Patient safety officer
- Regional director of quality management
- Vice president of care coordination
- Chief nursing officer
* Please note that this list may contain programs and courses not presently offered, as availability may vary depending on class size, enrollment and other contributing factors. If you are interested in a program or course listed herein please first contact your University Counselor for the most current information regarding availability.
* Please refer to the Academic Catalog for more information. Programs or courses subject to change.