If you are a church leader or pastor who is interested in entering seminary or ministry, consider enrolling in Grand Canyon University’s (GCU) Doctor of Education (EdD) in Organizational Leadership with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry.
This program is offered online by the College of Doctoral Studies and puts learners on an accelerated path toward a deeper understanding of biblical stewardship. Continue reading to discover how this degree can prepare you to advance your career.
GCU’s doctorate in ministry prepares learners for seminary or discipleship and will provide you with the skills that you need to enable change and become a Christian leader. If you’re wondering where an EdD in leadership and Christian ministry can take you, then consider some of these potential career paths for graduates of this degree program:
- Minister of Adult Discipleship
- Chief Development Officer
- Education Project Management Specialist
- Christian Program Coordinator
- Director of Development
- Education Projects Coordinator
- Director of Outreach
- Worship Leader
- Children’s Ministry Director
- Christian Education Specialist
This online degree program is designed to enable church leaders and pastors to pursue their passion for the Christian faith, develop their Christian leadership skills, and prepare for entry into seminary or ministry. Here are some examples of topics covered in this program’s coursework:
- Seminal leadership theories
- Ethical principles and leadership practice
- Leadership in disciple-making
- Foundational elements for original research
- Theology of leadership
- Christian ministry, culture, and community
- Trends and issues in Christian ministry
- Leadership and the execution of strategy in organizations
- Leading global and diverse workforces
- Topics in Christian ministry leadership
If you feel called to enter ministry or seminary, then Grand Canyon University’s EdD in Organizational Leadership with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry may be the right doctorate program for you. Please click the Request More Information Button on this page or visit the College of Doctoral Studies website to learn more.
About College of Doctoral Studies
Grand Canyon University’s innovative doctoral degree programs prepare learners for leadership roles in their professions, communities and society. A dynamic online learning community, unique dissertation process, wealth of resources and collaborative environment support a successful and meaningful doctoral journey. Readers of The Doctoral Journey blog, presented by the College of Doctoral Studies, will find resourceful posts regarding doctoral programs, research best practices and unique dissertation process, plus other knowledgeable contributions from GCU’s doctoral faculty and experts.