Grand Canyon University offers the Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) with an Emphasis in Management as a terminal business degree designed for driven professionals who wish to excel and lead in today’s dynamic, global marketplace. This DBA in management program is available online or in evening cohorts through the College of Doctoral Studies and can prepare you to take the next step in your career and strengthen your business skills.
The professional paths that you can pursue after earning a DBA are incredibly diverse. Here are some examples of potential careers for graduates of GCU’s DBA in management program:
- Managing director
- Business consultant
- Brand manager
- Management consultant
- Business professor
- University administrator
- Government analyst
- Operations manager
This DBA in management from GCU includes coursework designed to prepare learners to become business leaders and executives. While pursuing this degree, some of the topics that you will study include:
- Management theories and their application in organizational sustainability
- Foundations of organizational design and structuring the optimal organization
- Legal aspects of business management and limiting liability
- Theories and frameworks for financial decision-making
- The four market structures
- Theoretical foundations for organizational decision-making
- Applying microeconomic principles to business problems
- Leadership skills for cultivating organizational sustainability
- The use of analytics for creating and maintaining a competitive advantage
- Business management and how to develop recommendations for policy decisions
Also, significant emphasis is placed on the development of scholarly research and writing skills. While earning this degree, you will explore the foundations of research, the analyzation of existing research, research design, data analysis and theories of probability. Finally, to move you quickly towards the completion of your degree, the dissertation process starts on day one and is integrated throughout the program’s traditional coursework.
Obtain the knowledge and skills that you need for an executive-level business career by earning a doctoral degree from GCU. To find out more, visit our website or click the Request More Information button on this page.
The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author’s and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Grand Canyon University.