If you have an interest in advancing your career and growing your leadership skills, a doctoral degree in organizational leadership may be the right choice for you. Grand Canyon University’s EdD in organizational leadership has a large selection of emphases to choose from so you can focus your studies on whatever area you excel in and are passionate about.
GCU’s EdD in Organizational Leadership Programs
With so many areas of emphases, there is bound to be one that will help guide you on your path to success. As there is the option of taking online or evening classes, each EdD in organizational leadership degree is designed to be earned at your convenience. The different emphasis areas are:
- Behavioral Heath: In this program, you focus on leadership, planning and entrepreneurism, and how they relate to ethical practices in behavioral health. Learners also have the opportunity to study behavioral assessment, medical practice and the application of consolation services.
- Christian Ministry: The Christian ministry emphasis focuses on keeping the church relevant in today’s culture. Doctoral learners discover new opportunities and challenges faced by Christian leaders, as well as study the Christian faith and leadership within ministry.
- Health Care Administration: With a healthcare administration focus, learners study research design methods and analysis concepts, along with developing skills as a healthcare professional.
- Higher Education Leadership: Learners who choose the higher education emphasis gain skills in managing and building a scholarly community. This emphasis also allows you to explore leadership behaviors and higher education professional planning.
- K-12 Education: In the K-12 education emphasis, courses focus on concepts in research, global history and politics, as well as education stakeholders. Learners are given the tools and resources needed for leadership success in a K-12 environment.
- Organizational Development: The emphasis in organizational development allows learners to expand their knowledge and understanding in a variety of areas. Topics include corporate social responsibility, effectiveness in the workplace and ethical dilemmas and stewardship.
- Special Education: This program has an in-depth, research-based approach to studying special education, centering on the concepts of history in education, governance in special education and human development in educational standards for instruction.
As there is a great variety of study areas, you can take your career in many directions based on your education experience and career goals. No matter what you choose, GCU is dedicated to making your educational journey worthwhile.
GCU’s focus is quality education for all learners. To learn more about Grand Canyon University’s doctoral programs, visit the College of Doctoral Studies or click the green Request More Information button at the top of this page.
Written by Jessalyn Johnson, a junior majoring in English literature at GCU.
The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author’s and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Grand Canyon University.