Happy New Year!
We are very excited to announce to the Grand Canyon University community and especially to our students our new College of Theology blog. The title we chose for this blog is Living Faith, which aims to announce the dual and overarching themes of living our faith and fomenting a faith that is living.
GCU’s theology faculty (ground & online) are the main contributors, although we occasionally include articles from specially invited guests.
The essence of what we blog about is Living Faith:
- This alludes to the practical and biblical advice we want to give our readers with regard to living our faith from a Christian worldview. We wrestle with cultural topics and issues that challenge how we live out our faith.
- We emphasize that our faith is alive, and because of this, we approach these topics from a perspective that takes a side and defends it. The reality is that Christian faith today is lived out in the midst of an increasingly secularized world. For this reason, our contributors will strive to write with compassion and apologetic concern to edify believers and respond to contemporary challenges to the Christian faith.
Categories we blog about:
- Dean’s Corner: Inspirational articles written by Dr. Jason Hiles, Dean of the College of Theology
- Apologetics and the Christian Worldview: Conversations on the defense of the Christian faith
- Worship Arts: Biblical, historical, theological and practical thoughts on Christian worship
- Current Events: Perspectives on current trends, major events, and breaking local & global news
- Faculty Spotlight: Quick bios about the College of Theology faculty
- Book Reviews: Critical analyses of a variety of publications in the fields of theology and ministry
- Christian Leadership: Stimulating and encouraging articles for leaders involved in ministry
- Faith and Living: Articles focusing on the Christian life and life in community with other believers
- On Mission: Reflections on the biblical mandate to share the gospel with others near and far
- Sound Doctrine: Biblical, historical, and theological reflections promoting healthy doctrine
- Faith and Learning: Articles engaging the discussion about the integration of faith and learning
As we look forward to a year of thoughtful, provocative and engaging conversations, we ask you to chime in and give our faculty some ideas for what you would like to read about. What topics would you be interested in hearing our faculty address from a Christian perspective? In your opinion, what are the most relevant and pressing issues that the GCU community desires from the College of Theology faculty to articulate biblical and theological responses about?
Engage in social media by sharing or tweeting our posts with your thoughts or leave a comment on an article that captivates you. But also, do send your responses and feedback to our email: email@example.com.
We will inform our faculty and also let you know what topics topped the list.