The College of Nursing and Health Care Professions provides outstanding resources that enrich student life and provide additional educational opportunities. You can develop direct care skills in a simulation lab, be recognized for your academic success and network with other high achievers in the honor society. You can also enjoy the company of other Grand Canyon University (GCU) students at school-sponsored healthcare clubs and organizations.
If your degree program requires a field practicum in order to graduate, the Office of Field Experience (OFE) field experience specialists (FES) support you in setting up your clinical / practicum experience so that it meets our academic and professional standards.
The College of Nursing and Health Care Professions' OFE and your FES determines if you have met all of the placement requirements necessary to participate in field experience courses.
Additional responsibilities of the OFE field experience specialists include:
- Ensuring that you understand the nature of the field experience and the expectations involved.
- Assisting you in the practicum application process, if required.
- Confirming you meet the health and safety requirements of the site.
- Approving selected site for field experience to ensure it meets practicum standards.
- Counseling you if needed.
- Communicating with the field experience instructors as necessary.
GCU guides you to become a responsible, compassionate servant leader by supporting good works in the community.
If you would like the opportunity to put theory into practice, explore elective internship opportunities.
GCU and the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions sponsor healthcare and nursing clubs on campus to help you expand your knowledge, network and have fun. If you are an honors-level student, you can join Nu Upsilon, one of the largest honor societies for nurses in the nation. Check out our clubs.